2014 Wheel wells missing liner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SethO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L v6
I searched for this and couldn't find anything, I hope I'm not duplicating. I just bought a 2014 1500 with the v6. I just noticed that in the front wheel wells you can see straight through to the engine bay on both sides (right above the top of the tire). It looks almost as if the wheel well liners are missing. I think on the left side I can see the alternator, not sure about the right side. Is it supposed to be this way? Or is my truck actually missing something? I haven't noticed this on the Hemi's that I've seen. Haven't seen another v6 lately to look.

Does anyone else have this? Maybe I should post some pics to clarify...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it is a option??? maybe check with ur dealer?

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The part OEM numbers you need are: 68110686AD and 68110687AD

But these should have come with your truck - the rear wheel fender liners can sometimes be optional. Go back to the dealer and have them installed.

OP
OP
SethO

SethO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L v6
Ok, I have attached some pics to show what I am talking about. After looking at it again, I don't think anything is missing. There is a liner, it just stops right above the top of the control arm(I think is the correct term). And this leaves a gap that you can see into the bay.

Does this look normal to everyone? This is my first truck and since you can't really see this on a car, maybe I've just never noticed this before...?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Attachments

• wheel well driver side.jpg
    wheel well driver side.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 84
  • wheel well driver side2.jpg
    wheel well driver side2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 70
  • wheel well passenger side.jpg
    wheel well passenger side.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
SethO

SethO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L v6
That's how mine looks.... and how my 2010 looked also.

Ok, thank you. After really looking at it, I figured it was as it is supposed to be. I was just surprised that so much was open to the elements.