2015 exhaust recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you buy a Magnaflow, at least in my experience, the shorter the muffler the louder it will be.
Jay

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the 18" Magnaflow on for a while. Eventually took it off because it wasn't as loud as I wanted it to be. Its a nice deep grumble while stationary and quiet while cruising unless mds kick in and then it's all over the place. Then once you punch it you can totally hear it roar. I think it all depends on what you define as obnoxious and how loud you're wanting, in my opinion, it wasn't loud enough.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run the Violator kit on my '17 Rebel, no drone and sounds decent for $200.

MaximumSteel18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the 18" Magnaflow on for a while. Eventually took it off because it wasn't as loud as I wanted it to be. Its a nice deep grumble while stationary and quiet while cruising unless mds kick in and then it's all over the place. Then once you punch it you can totally hear it roar. I think it all depends on what you define as obnoxious and how loud you're wanting, in my opinion, it wasn't loud enough.
I had the Magnaflow 18" on my 2010 and I just put the same one on my 18', no drone and not real loud until you get on it.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 14” magnaflow but it was a drone monster at certain rpms. Changed it out to a Borla Pro XS and still have great sound but without the nasty drone. Really can’t recommend the borla enough. It’s noticeably louder than stock but pleasant while cruising. Nice roar under heavy excelleration. I’d say it’s 90% as loud as the 14” MF with a slightly deeper tone (also have 5” tips).

Bruce4060

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn, Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just put on 18" Magnaflow on my 2016 5.7. Not to loud at idle or when cruising but you can really hear it when your on the throttle. No drone. Stock tailpipes.
I highly recommend. Louder mufflers sound awesome at first but then get annoying over time.

Mopar savage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Look into black widow mufflers I am running the race venom and it is great nice deep tone not really loud unless u wanna drowned out some **** ass fart can Honda and there is no drone

Rod Powell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Look into black widow mufflers I am running the race venom and it is great nice deep tone not really loud unless u wanna drowned out some **** ass fart can Honda and there is no drone

Too funny about the Honda.

Jeez, I hate those things.

M4-AR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a new slighter louder but not raspy setup myself.

Tagging for info

Thorsax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
I have a Gibson on my old '01 5.9 and it has a very deep sound but is relatively quiet. Most will be quiet at idle and louder under a load as there is more pressure on the system. I personally have heard Borla (don't know which series) and it is one of the better systems I've heard. But you know what opinions are like right? So, as a rule of thumb, the larger the physical size of the muffler, the deeper the tone. Internal baffling has a huge effect but the only way to know what that will do to a muffler is to hear it in person. You will also want larger diameter exhaust tubing. I originally had a single 2.5" and went to a 3". HUGE difference! Best way is to find people with a RAM and listen to their exhaust. Even the same brand/series will sound different on different vehicles. Try a local mudathon or car show. Lots of tow vehicles there and being car/truck guys, most will at least have an aftermarket exhaust system on them.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My brother in law has a Borla XS on his 2012 that I got him years ago. Sounds great low rumble and cruise and great at WOT. I was going to put a Borla XR1 on but just really like the Carven progressive sound and like that I can just bolt on. My wife/kids just ordered the Carven for me for Father’s Day with the 5” Black tips to blend into my Rebels muffler. (The wife knew the muffler but forgot to order from Nick with the discount...).

As many have said - exhaust sound is very subjective. What one person call drone others call music to their ears. I’ve spent hours listening to clips and after a while it’s hard to tell anymore.

I look at it as this. If I get the Carven and don’t like it I can unbolt, sell, and I have a new in box Borla XR1 on my garage shelf I could try. If that fails then go back to stock with large tips and exhaust cut out hooked up to homelink to open when I want LOUD. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GatheredEarth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an 18” magnaflo on my 2015. In my opinion it’s what should come on the hemi from factory. At idle it’s slightly louder than stock with a deeper tone. No drone on the highway but when you get into the throttle it’s a nice deep meaty tone.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use YouTube to listen to some different setups. That will at least give you an idea of the tone/sound. You won’t be able to tell the Volume of it and if it has drone but it will help you narrow things down. Then we can help you with what may drone and how loud it is in comparison to the other options.

Feel free to message me and we can discuss different setups. This goes for anyone with any parts. Please feel free to message me and we can discuss all options and get you setup with exactly what you want. Plus we can hook you up with a forum discount! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Borla Pro XS is an outstanding choice. I've had Magnaflow (bad cabin drone) and now the Borla. Borla sounds better to me and has no drone in comparison. Cruising volume is low, idle is louder than stock, heavy throttle sounds awesome. Carven is another good option, but will be louder than MF or Borla options.