2016 1500 Laramie lighting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AzRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Okay, so we all know the stock halogens leave much to be desired. So I figured I'd go the LED low beam/fogs route to see how that worked. (Don't want HID because I think it's a really bad idea to punch a hole in the housing). So I emailed Auto LED, they pushed only towards HID. Called XenonDepot and the pushed HID as well. So I'm stuck. I know HID will have better output, but they're my last choice anyway. Has anyone successfully installed LED lows and fogs in their 2016 1500 with projectors? If so it would be much appreciated if you could get me that info on the part numbers and source you ordered from and if you have any CANBUS issues. Thanks!

OP
OP
A

AzRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone have any opinions on this?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
From what I've seen most LED installs require way more cutting than what HID's require. If done right, HID's require very little cutting in the back housing cap. There's a reason all the companies are pushing HID's over LED's. They're simply a better product. Jeremy (Retroshop) just had a post the other day showing why he doesn't sell any LED bulbs at this time. I'd recommend talking to him directly to get his opinions on the matter.

OP
OP
A

AzRam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
From what I've seen most LED installs require way more cutting than what HID's require. If done right, HID's require very little cutting in the back housing cap. There's a reason all the companies are pushing HID's over LED's. They're simply a better product. Jeremy (Retroshop) just had a post the other day showing why he doesn't sell any LED bulbs at this time. I'd recommend talking to him directly to get his opinions on the matter.

Okay, thanks for the good feedback. I guess I'll go with the HID route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girldogvan