2016 Ram 1500 ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colonelarchie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My ABS module went out so I took it to my mechanic. He called Chrysler today to get a replacement and found out that there is a engineering problem and Chrysler is revamping the ABS module: replacements will not be available until March 2024. I was told to drive until I can get a new one, just wont have ABS system. I instructed my mechanic to go ahead and order a new one. Has anyone heard a similar story?

scotty295

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My ABS module went out so I took it to my mechanic. He called Chrysler today to get a replacement and found out that there is a engineering problem and Chrysler is revamping the ABS module: replacements will not be available until March 2024. I was told to drive until I can get a new one, just wont have ABS system. I instructed my mechanic to go ahead and order a new one. Has anyone heard a similar story?
I have the exact same issue. My truck will not drive though. It starts out fine and then won't shift into gear. Had it towed to dealer and they told me all same things you said. They offer no loaner vehicle or rental reimbursement. I use my truck daily for work. Can't afford to be without till March 2024. I saw where someone is filing a class action law suit but have not heard of any updates. Frustrating how Ram is doing nothing to help. I tried ordering the part many time but no luck. If anyone can provide help I would appreciate.

Scarter5261

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We are also having the same issue and have a complaint with NHTSA. Hopefully they get enough complaints and will recall. Seriously considering a class action suit. Good luck!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a bunch on ebay for ~$250. You could consider buying one till the new one is ready. What if it's not March, but May-June...due to the strike, parts shortage or whatever??