2016 Ram 3500 steering parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16Ram3500Flatbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Greetings! Recently bought a 2016 Ram 3500 flatbed. Steering has a fair amount of freeplay and pulls right a bit. It has been looked at by a local auto repair business and they said a lot of parts needs to be replaced: all tie rods, steering gear box, both U joints, Pittman arm, all ball joints, stabilizer shock and "gimble bearing" (not sure what the gimble bearing is). Seems like a lot of parts and was told it would be over $5000 to do all of the work. For a truck only 7 years old this all seems a bit extreme. Wondering if anyone else has had this much trouble with their steering. Any advice would be appreciated!

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sounds fishy. unless someone thrashed it in the baja1000 a few times

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$5000? Take it somewhere else.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
1/3 to 1/2 of that is labor, even if you do replace all of those parts it will be way cheaper if you do it yourself. They may also be doing the generic mechanic trick where they try to get you to replace everything they possibly can. My steering is garbage so I'm sure they would tell me the same thing, but I know I only need pitman arm and drag link and I'll be good as new.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings! Recently bought a 2016 Ram 3500 flatbed. Steering has a fair amount of freeplay and pulls right a bit. It has been looked at by a local auto repair business and they said a lot of parts needs to be replaced: all tie rods, steering gear box, both U joints, Pittman arm, all ball joints, stabilizer shock and "gimble bearing" (not sure what the gimble bearing is). Seems like a lot of parts and was told it would be over $5000 to do all of the work. For a truck only 7 years old this all seems a bit extreme. Wondering if anyone else has had this much trouble with their steering. Any advice would be appreciated!
The "Grimble" bearing is indigenous to central Australian trucks. This allows the driver, whilst in the outback, to steer clear of dingos and wild Russian hopping hippos. Inasmuch as you're in the sublime, calm suburbs, the Grimble bearing can be retrofit by warp generated induced wobbler bearing. These are the same bearings installed in the turbo encapulator differential girdle spring strut. They make for smoother steering! ;)