2017 5” to 2019 8.4 upgrade. What do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ninothestorm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking to upgrade from this 5” to the 2019 shown below. Will the new style bezel work, or do I need a new one? What else do I need to purchase to get this to work? I’ve seen a few other threads but I can’t find any info on the bezel itself is the heat sink in the picture the nav unit? Would the radio work without that, I could just use nav on my phone IMG_0588.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0587.jpeg
    IMG_0587.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 8

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’m looking to upgrade from this 5” to the 2019 shown below. Will the new style bezel work, or do I need a new one? What else do I need to purchase to get this to work? I’ve seen a few other threads but I can’t find any info on the bezel itself is the heat sink in the picture the nav unit? Would the radio work without that, I could just use nav on my phone View attachment 523012
You likely don't want that specific 2019 radio (from 5th gen Ram). You want a 4th gen Ram radio either 8.4 UAQ (with NAV) or 8.4 UAS (without NAV).