2018 PW Incoming!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
congrats!!! I love my 17 PW

Let us know if we can help with any upgrades or maintenance items. We Got Everything at Got Exhaust and offer all the forum members discounts on everything!

Also check out our RAM Owner's Preferred Products page

We also just got in a new product for the RAM 2500's. Its the Solo Muffler delete kit. it deletes the muffler and leaves the stock resonator to act as the muffler.

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
congrats!!! I love my 17 PW

Let us know if we can help with any upgrades or maintenance items. We Got Everything at Got Exhaust and offer all the forum members discounts on everything!

Also check out our RAM Owner's Preferred Products page

We also just got in a new product for the RAM 2500's. Its the Solo Muffler delete kit. it deletes the muffler and leaves the stock resonator to act as the muffler.

How is the MDS drone with the muffler delete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not too bad at all. you can hear it but its not terrible.

Good deal thanks. I might look into it at some point. First project is getting the topper painted that migrated over from my CTD though.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good deal thanks. I might look into it at some point. First project is getting the topper painted that migrated over from my CTD though.

What made you go from the cummins to powerwagon? I’m tempted to do the same, just not sure if I’d like it as much as I think.

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What made you go from the cummins to powerwagon? I’m tempted to do the same, just not sure if I’d like it as much as I think.

A few reasons.
1. I really didn’t need the diesel and couldn’t justify the maintenance costs for my daily commute.
2. Plans for a 5ver have been put on hold for at least a few years.
3. I’ve always thought the PW was bada**.

As a bonus, the wife gave the green light (so long as I admitted I had a problem)...

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Saw goodbye to decent fuel economy and hello to 11 mpg like the rest of us lol. By the by, it doesn’t look like your truck was prepped properly as I’m guessing your winch cable is still bound up underneath the bumper somewhere which is how they ship it. You should unwind it and attach it to your tow book so it’s at the ready should you need it. Just some advice, because the shipping mode for the winch cable makes for a real PITA to get to in a pinch.

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Saw goodbye to decent fuel economy and hello to 11 mpg like the rest of us lol. By the by, it doesn’t look like your truck was prepped properly as I’m guessing your winch cable is still bound up underneath the bumper somewhere which is how they ship it. You should unwind it and attach it to your tow book so it’s at the ready should you need it. Just some advice, because the shipping mode for the winch cable makes for a real PITA to get to in a pinch.

I’m prepared for the MPG hit. My commute (13 miles @ 45mph) and driving style (grandpa) most always beat the average, per fuelly, so i’m expecting 13-15 on a daily basis. You’re correct about the winch. I asked about it when swapping over the topper and the salesman said they usually don’t do it. I only bought it today and have a 500 mile trip home tomorrow so I’ll get to hooking it up in the coming days.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m prepared for the MPG hit. My commute (13 miles @ 45mph) and driving style (grandpa) most always beat the average, per fuelly, so i’m expecting 13-15 on a daily basis. You’re correct about the winch. I asked about it when swapping over the topper and the salesman said they usually don’t do it. I only bought it today and have a 500 mile trip home tomorrow so I’ll get to hooking it up in the coming days.

your fuel estimate is close. I get between 11.5- 12.5 in town. Good looking truck. I like the cap.

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How was your fuel mileage?

Averaged 14 hand calculated on the first tank. Meter currently reads 15 on the second. Taking it w/ a grain of salt as there’s a lot of elevation change and 3 passes between western MT and eastern WA.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Delmonico, nice. I almost got that color but went with flame instead. I really like Delmonico tho!

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Got the topper painted.
Things are coming along nicely.
ba5edac5743e84d8e8129d26f49d0fe6.jpg