2019 Limited chrome side trim removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-RadsBadRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Looking at a 2019 Limited and I dont care for the chrome side trim-the truck has paint matched bumpers and I want to remove the side moulding-has anybody done this or tried? If so add pics. Wondered if there are any holes for clips or just double sided tape? Thanks for any info

2019_ram_1500-pic-3065409447763914653-1024x768.jpeg

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at a 2019 Limited and I dont care for the chrome side trim-the truck has paint matched bumpers and I want to remove the side moulding-has anybody done this or tried? If so add pics. Wondered if there are any holes for clips or just double sided tape? Thanks for any info

View attachment 186760

I'm fairly confident I've seen some people remove that trim and didn't have any holes to deal with, maybe someone can confirm.

Also, if you want the 360 camera feature, that one doesn't have it (tow mirrors delete that option). That's probably common knowledge by now, but figured I'd let you know just in case.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm sure it's just double sided tape. I like it on that truck.

Red

OP
OP
B-RadsBadRam

B-RadsBadRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I dont mind the moulding but I originally was looking at a laramie sport that is all color matched Delmonico red and this truck is better optioned for less as its a 2019. I have a buddy who does autobody and said he can paint the grille and mirror covers but didnt want to mess with the side moulding and told me I could prolly take it off but he hadnt messed with a new limited so he was unsure how it attaches.

OP
OP
B-RadsBadRam

B-RadsBadRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm fairly confident I've seen some people remove that trim and didn't have any holes to deal with, maybe someone can confirm.

Also, if you want the 360 camera feature, that one doesn't have it (tow mirrors delete that option). That's probably common knowledge by now, but figured I'd let you know just in case.

Good to know-wasnt too worried about that feature but looking for one without the tow mirrors now because I have to have the power folding mirrors to park in my building and didnt realize the tow mirrors didnt have that option-so win-win

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 2017 tow mirrors are power fold and so were my 2014 tow mirrors. So they are available.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to know-wasnt too worried about that feature but looking for one without the tow mirrors now because I have to have the power folding mirrors to park in my building and didnt realize the tow mirrors didnt have that option-so win-win

Totally forgot about that part (somehow, even though I'm on my second set of tow mirrors)...glad it helped out indirectly!

My 2017 tow mirrors are power fold and so were my 2014 tow mirrors. So they are available.

Would be nice if they had changed this for the 5th gen half tons instead of keeping them manual fold. To do the conversion I assume you'd need the switch and module and some additional hardware to make them power fold? And probably a trip to the dealer or alfaobd?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You would need OBD program, the switch but I'm not sure if you need anything else.

There is quite a bit of info available on this conversion.

So you mentioned 5th gen half tons. I thought you had a 4th gen 1500? Or haven't you updated your profile since your last truck purchase?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You would need OBD program, the switch but I'm not sure if you need anything else.

There is quite a bit of info available on this conversion.

So you mentioned 5th gen half tons. I thought you had a 4th gen 1500? Or haven't you updated your profile since your last truck purchase?

Sorry for the confusion, was referencing 5th gens more relating to what would need to be done if the OP wanted to make that change. I still have thee 17 listed in my profile and it does have tow mirrors, but I'm ok with them being manual fold as I rarely need to fold the passenger side in.

I have been playing around with alfaobd though so maybe someday. Also just realized that I don't believe alfa works on the 5th gens as of now, so that would be a dead end anyway?

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
20180706-133257.jpg

I have wondered about removing the side trim also. I would also like to go to black trim around the windows. A black Laramie longhorn grill would finish it off with some nice wheels. A car guy is never done lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357