2019 production delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
In my April 30 edition of Automotive Dealer News there is a article about early supply problems for the 2019 Ram. The only trucks being built are the regular 5.7 hemi. Productions is only running at 60% of what FCA had planned for. Most of it is due to supplier shortages. They also have 2500 vehicles sitting waiting for fixes of some type of electrtical problem. Production is now at 1000 units per day and were forcast to be 1400 per day at this point. The slow role out has cost FCA 300 million so far but they do plan to start working weekends and holidays to get production ramped up.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You’d never know by seeing the dealerships down here. We have plenty. But wasn’t the 5.7 offering always scheduled to be the only initial offering? This is the second major production delay I’ve heard of on products I use in the last year, the first being the iPhone X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They had 15 new ones on the lot saturday..they have been there for 2 weeks... only sold 1 19 in a month

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where is the production delay? It doesn't' appear to be reaching consumers, so who cares?

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
They had 15 new ones on the lot saturday..they have been there for 2 weeks... only sold 1 19 in a month

Similar story here. They've had about seven or eight 2019s on the lot closest to me, I haven't seen them selling very quickly at all. I'm guessing its for a couple reasons... one being that there aren't many rebates on the new trucks, and two, there are some nice deals being cut for the 2018s.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deals or no deals, the window sticker price has to scare a few people away.

$53K MSRP for the first '19 I saw and it was "only" a Big Horn!

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
60 to 70k is getting ridiculous... even when they start the 10 to 15k off

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid 39K out the door for my 2017 Laramie and I have both 3.92's and LSD(both very important options to me). My dealer has a stripped down Laramie with 3.21's no LSD and no center console for $44765 after $2K in rebates.https://www.carolinachryslerdodgeje...ugoff+SC-3f491e050a0e0a6b3d7b9a457b296fe4.htm Why would I pay almost $6K more for less truck? It's pretty and all but not worth the extra coin. Ram has had the best deals for a long time so sales are going to lag until they step up with some more discounts.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
This is probably a good thing. Because at their current retail price they will be sitting at the dealer a long time anyways...

Levi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In San Antonio you can find Longhorns 12 in screen pkg , 360 camera pkg for 51k. Big Horns for 40-46k. Search the web.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In a couple months the incentives on this truck will be as much or even more than the DS. Until they fix the front end, I think the '19 will be spending a lot of time on dealer lots, and won't sell without a lot of money on the hood.
I'd be willing to bet that most of the sales now on it are to those who have to have the latest and greatest thing. I think the '18 will continue to outsell the '19, as long as it is being produced.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
In a couple months the incentives on this truck will be as much or even more than the DS. Until they fix the front end, I think the '19 will be spending a lot of time on dealer lots, and won't sell without a lot of money on the hood.
I'd be willing to bet that most of the sales now on it are to those who have to have the latest and greatest thing. I think the '18 will continue to outsell the '19, as long as it is being produced.

It all depends on where you buy and who you deal with. I placed a factory order on a pretty loaded 2019 Limited and my OUT THE DOOR price after all taxes, tags, and fees on a 65k Limited was 58,300.

Granted I know if I waited a year I could have gotten a little more off but that’s one hell of a price for a brand new truck let alone one I built that’s not even sitting on a dealer lot costing them money.

rwreuter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to one of the dealers in town on Saturday and asked them about the eTorque, he said they were delayed because Ram didn't "quite have it where they wanted it yet". Not sure what that means...

Has anyone seen an eTorque version on the lot yet or have you heard anything about issues with the eTorque?

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I went to one of the dealers in town on Saturday and asked them about the eTorque, he said they were delayed because Ram didn't "quite have it where they wanted it yet". Not sure what that means...

Has anyone seen an eTorque version on the lot yet or have you heard anything about issues with the eTorque?

People at dealerships, specifically sales people, know as much about FCA’s internal workings as you and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^^^ That is a correct statement. Many are greenhorn salespeople with little or no "car" knowledge. I was a GSM of a Lincoln dealer many years ago and it was near impossible for me to get a straight answer on delays, release dates, etc.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

While Im not a fan of the 5th gen front end, I disagree it wont sell because of it.

Its not selling now because of the myriad of brand new 2018 (and even 2017) trucks parked right next to brand new 2019s. Im pretty sure this happens a lot when new models come out and old models are still on the lots. Good example was the 7th generation Corvette, while they still had plenty of brand new 6th gen Vettes on the lots.

And I only know of one time where a manufacturer took steps to "fix" a design that people absolutely despised. On top of that it took a couple years of people complaining for it to happen, but they had no real problems selling the "ugly" version either. (see: early years of Acura TL redesign and the "beak")

I really dont see Chrysler touching the design of the 5th gen, simply because of the reason most of us dislike it: it looks like all the other trucks. All those other trucks sell themselves, so why wouldnt the new RAM? The numbers will turn out just fine once the '17s and 18's are gone. In fact I almost think you will get a better discount on a 5th gen *right now* than you would when its the ONLY model left to buy on the lot.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ford changes the front ends of the F series trucks with each generation. Every time there's an outcry from those that resist change. And guess what, Ford sells every one they build. The dealer near my home in Sanford FL isn't having any issues selling the 2019's.

Exactly.

I can see it being a bigger deal to us RAM guys because the 4th gen look has been around for so long. If they now get into a similar schedule as Ford, the "look" will change frequently enough that it will be easier to get over.

I still think the 4th gen RAM is one of the best looking trucks out there. The mini big rig look just kicks ass.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To all of those who seem to dislike the front of the new 5th gen Ram 1500, I'll ask one question: Have you driven one yet?

There's no doubt the 4th gen Ram set the standard for high class, sophisticated looks. And I've owned two (2010 & 2014). However, there comes a time when every model needs a fresh approach. Do they look like Chevies? There's a style similarity in the front end, but in my opinion the '19 Ram comes off as more sophisticated and far less blocky.

Aside from the front, no one would mistake a 2019 Ram 1500 for any other pickup: the style is unmistakenly Ram. Far less testosterone than the GMs, and far less slap-sided as the F-series. Far less frontal obnoxious. Do you remember the negatives comments made at the launch of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Rams?

In reality the 4th gen Rams were so far advanced from its competition that Ram stylists and engineers were faced with a dilemma: how to improve and refresh an already good looking design. For that reason the 2019 Ram style is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

I recently drove a 2019 Big Horn. I can tell you this as an owner of a 2010 and 2014 Ram 1500: the 2019, in my opinion, exceeds every parameter that can be judged against a 4th gen Ram. They are noticeably quieter, much more sedate, much more comfortable, smoother, and more capable than the generation it replaces. They exude a much higher level of quality: from the panel fit, smoothness of the paint, tightness and material quality of the interior pieces. The one I drove is quieter than any sedan I've been in, and the ride is even better than my 2014 or any mid-size car I've been in.

If the appearances changes bother you, that is your right. Beauty is subjective. But before you judge the 2019 you should at least drive one. Then drive a new Silverado, F-150, Titan, or Toyota.

Best Regards,
Dusty

2014 Ram Big Horn 1500 Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP70, 3.92 LSD, factory dual exhaust, 20” wheels. Now at: 076637 miles.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I don't like the outer appearance of a vehicle, I don't care how good it drives or handles. I'm not spending mega bucks on something I can't stand looking at.
When somebody casually drives through or browses a dealer's lot to look at the new Ram, if the styling doesn't grab them, chances are they sure won't be coming back to buy one.