2019 ram 1500 bighorn idle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramowner239

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn with 57k miles. I also drive a 2017 ram 1500 tradesman all day that I try to compare it to. Anyway the 2019 I feel it has a slight bump shake feeling at idle thats the best I can explain it atleast. I took it to dodge and they didn’t help at all. They looked at me like I was crazy saying if it doesn’t show up on the scanner it’s all good. I say what about back in the day when there was no scanner tool and mechanics had engines running perfect. Anyway as I was saying it’s a slight hiccup at idle or when I’m at a stop light I can feel it on my brake pedal. It might not turn on the check engine light but there is definitely something not right. My 2017 idles all day under the sun with ac blasting and not a slight bump comes out of that one. So here I am trying to figure out what can I do any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Going back to dodge ain’t an option unless it has a check engine light

Things I’ve tried is not much but I’ve tried changing gas to higher octane and putting in a Lucas injector cleaner in it but no help.

Last edited:

20Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 non e torque
I just bought a 2019 ram 1500 bighorn with 57k miles. I also drive a 2017 ram 1500 tradesman all day that I try to compare it to. Anyway the 2019 I feel it has a slight bump shake feeling at idle thats the best I can explain it atleast. I took it to dodge and they didn’t help at all. They looked at me like I was crazy saying if it doesn’t show up on the scanner it’s all good. I say what about back in the day when there was no scanner tool and mechanics had engines running perfect. Anyway as I was saying it’s a slight hiccup at idle or when I’m at a stop light I can feel it on my brake pedal. It might not turn on the check engine light but there is definitely something not right. My 2017 idles all day under the sun with ac blasting and not a slight bump comes out of that one. So here I am trying to figure out what can I do any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Going back to dodge ain’t an option unless it has a check engine light

Things I’ve tried is not much but I’ve tried changing gas to higher octane and putting in a Lucas injector cleaner in it but no help.
Run 89 octane from shell,bp,Exxon/Mobil or chevron my owner manual says you can use 87 but 89 is recommended. And FYI walmart / Murphy gas is junk. My mpg went up to 18.5 from 16. Keep in mind I got a 3.5 inch rough country lift and running 35x12.5/20. Tires my truck runs way smoother since I stopped putting cheep 87 in it.