2020 1500 limited bounces after 2in level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Hello there,

I'm not too savvy about this stuff so please forgive me in advance if I say something that doesn't make sense.

So, truck shop did a 2in level on my 2020 RAM 1500 Limited and here's what I noticed since. The front of the truck bounces a lot at speed bumps and feels stiff when driving over holes on the road. Also, if I accidentally increase the height, the ride is very bouncy and won't go back down without giving me a suspension error and takes random combinations of turning the truck off and on to go back down.

Is that normal at all?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello there,

I'm not too savvy about this stuff so please forgive me in advance if I say something that doesn't make sense.

So, truck shop did a 2in level on my 2020 RAM 1500 Limited and here's what I noticed since. The front of the truck bounces a lot at speed bumps and feels stiff when driving over holes on the road. Also, if I accidentally increase the height, the ride is very bouncy and won't go back down without giving me a suspension error and takes random combinations of turning the truck off and on to go back down.

Is that normal at all?
No air suspension is very sensitive and the install was not done properly. Unfortunately

I want to say you need adjustable links that way you can extend them for your ride height sensors to compensate but if you don’t go to a place that understands what our trucks need you’re entering a dangerous territory.

OP
OP
S

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
No air suspension is very sensitive and the install was not done properly. Unfortunately

I want to say you need adjustable links that way you can extend them for your ride height sensors to compensate but if you don’t go to a place that understands what our trucks need you’re entering a dangerous territory.
I'll try to find out exactly what they did. Do you have any recommendations for those links, please? Or a good shop in Jacksonville, FL?

ProsperRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (eTourqe)
I just picked up a 2024 Limited with the 4-Corner load leveling. I am researching what my lift options are and if the air leveling kit will limit my options.

I will be watching this thread and reply with any info i uncover.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked up a 2024 Limited with the 4-Corner load leveling. I am researching what my lift options are and if the air leveling kit will limit my options.

I will be watching this thread and reply with any info i uncover.
Yes, lifts/levels are very limited for the air ride trucks. None of the kits for the non air ride will work.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know what parts they used to level it? They probably never changed the links and that is what is causing the error. Most normal shops have no clue how to properly lift an air suspension trucks.

OP
OP
S

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
I do not. I have to go talk to them about it. They told me they had done work on air suspension trucks before but I'm now convinced they just wanted my business.

ProsperRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (eTourqe)
Yes, lifts/levels are very limited for the air ride trucks. None of the kits for the non air ride will work.
Thanks for the reply. I honestly did not know it had it until i noticed a buttonn on the remote. All i want is to add a few inches, level it out and maintain good ride quality. Hopefull i can do this.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. I honestly did not know it had it until i noticed a buttonn on the remote. All i want is to add a few inches, level it out and maintain good ride quality. Hopefull i can do this.
$230 and 30 minutes will get you what you want…

ProsperRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (eTourqe)

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn. This does look like exactly what i need. Thanks for the help.
You are welcome. You will see they also have a kit that offers daystar spacers as well, which is for a bit more lift.

OP
OP
S

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
OP
OP
S

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Do you know what parts they used to level it? They probably never changed the links and that is what is causing the error. Most normal shops have no clue how to properly lift an air suspension trucks.
They used RCX. 31012 Air Bag Leveling Kit (Rough Country). Now, they are asking $250 to remove it

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They used RCX. 31012 Air Bag Leveling Kit (Rough Country). Now, they are asking $250 to remove it

As soon as any shop recommends ROUGH Country dont walk away, run away. RC is well known to be cheap because of the low quality kits they offer. They all ride terrible in comparison to the slightly more expensive other options on the market.

OP
OP
S

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
As soon as any shop recommends ROUGH Country dont walk away, run away. RC is well known to be cheap because of the low quality kits they offer. They all ride terrible in comparison to the slightly more expensive other options on the market.
Shoot I wish I knew that but you live and you learn. 250 to remove it seems high, is it recommended to have another shop take it off?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shoot I wish I knew that but you live and you learn. 250 to remove it seems high, is it recommended to have another shop take it off?

Does the 250 include an alignment or just to remove those brackets? If it is just for the bracket removal that is way too much. I would wait until you have the new correct parts and a different shop remove those brackets and install the new parts. You may get a better deal that way and wont be working with a shop that recommends cheap products.

OP
OP
S

sitoub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Does the 250 include an alignment or just to remove those brackets? If it is just for the bracket removal that is way too much. I would wait until you have the new correct parts and a different shop remove those brackets and install the new parts. You may get a better deal that way and wont be working with a shop that recommends cheap products.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I just ordered the links that @olyelr recommended.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted on the outcome.