2020 jack kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Fawkes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck came with no jack. Been looking but everything I see is only listed through 2019. Will that work on 2020?

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
It should work without issue. My question is who swiped the jack and who missed it during the PDI?

OP
OP
D

D Fawkes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In it's former life it was a rental 'so that may explain where it went. I didn't even think to check before I signed my life away. Under the seat no cover, no jack, no handle, only the mounting stud. Thanks

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In it's former life it was a rental 'so that may explain where it went. I didn't even think to check before I signed my life away. Under the seat no cover, no jack, no handle, only the mounting stud. Thanks

Some years back I didn't discover the spare tire missing on our ex-rental 2016 Nissan Quest minivan that I bought as a "CPO" vehicle from a Nissan store until I got it home. The dealer made good on it and ordered me a new one, but the fact it was all checked off as being good in the CPO process soured me a lot.

My current 2019 Ram 1500 classic was also an ex-rental. All intact. The lug nuts had never been touched even. I bought it direct through Enterprise car sales. It's the only way I'll buy an ex-rental again depending on the deal of course.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Maybe it is just me, i don't care for that flimsy jack under the passenger seat.
I carry a 2 ton Trolley jack in a carrying case

That is very wise. A month or two back I had a blowout at 3am on my way into work. The jack and associated hardware is a real joy to work with on the side of the road in the dark. Had to place the jack pad under a rear shock mount to get enough lift height and my truck is 100% stock. Also had to find some chunks of wood at the side of the road to chock the opposite end.

OP
OP
D

D Fawkes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree about the jack but need the handle to lower spare. Would handle be the same from an 01?

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I agree about the jack but need the handle to lower spare. Would handle be the same from an 01?

Was this some type of private sale? If you bought it from a dealer, I'd hit them up for new gear.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure about a crank to lower the spare, reading here that its a ***** to get too. This Jack is awesome, light, easy to throw in the bed in a milk crate with other tools u need. dont have to worry about strapping an 80lb steel 3ton in the bed and destroying itScreenshot_20210313-173149_Chrome.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only thing that would concern me about the stock jack is what’s covering the hole underneath the carpet that is supposed to hold the factory jack? It’s the only reason I still have that POS under there.

Beemer533

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nothing other than that bolt. Mine is siezed in, not going to be fun getting it out.

Once I do my plan is just to replace it with a short bolt.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This is the hassle that you go through just to lower the spare tire

One thing i noticed, he lifts the tire to take the mechanism out of the rim, you don't have to lift it, you can do everything from the top

They talk about where the end of the tool goes under the truck, it looks like a funnel

VzAEJA.jpg

If you look at the tools that are in the jack tool kit, the tool that fits into the funnel, is actually a Socket that fits onto a nut inside of the funnel.

One person made a tool that he says is better than the jack kit

He took a socket & welded it to a metal rod, then he took another cheap socket, either 3/8th or 1/2" & welded it on the other end, the end that was welded to the rod, was the part that usually fits a nut.
That left the square hole that you would insert a wrench into at the end.
He then could use a Speed wrench to turn the whole mechanism

I think that i would use a power drill with some kind of adaptor in it

A bit of advice, check your spare tire to insure that it is fully aired up.
Places like Tire Stores & dealerships, don't check the spare tires PSI, unless you ask them to check it

image.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

D Fawkes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Resolved the spare tire issue ,jack extensions from my 01 and an adjustable wrench did the trick. as far as a jack goes carry a 2 ton trolly jack.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That is the thing with having to remove & or replace wheel.

You can't pick the place it is going to happen

You can hope that you are just getting done working on a dirty project all day when a Flat Tire occurs
The chances are just as good that you are wearing good clothes, its raining outside & the ground where you need to place the jack is on an angle.

You can take off your Sport Coat & lay down a tarp
You can use the jack handle to try to make the ground level.

The point is:
You are hardly ever prepared for a flat tire.

What if the ground is unstable, do you have a piece of plywood to put under the jack

It won't be long before the vehicles don't come with a spare tire or a jack

Vehicles will only have a tire plug & a small compact air compressor

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I carry AAA also, but there are times i can be 80 miles from any kind of Help
35 to 40 miles from San Diego, there are many places that there is no cell phone service & the dead zones go for miles

One day i was on a job delivering a double wide mobile home
It was going on top of a hill & i forget why we needed to make a call

The property owner told us that the only service was on top of one of the taller hills & close to an evergreen tree.

Another person came out of their place & heard the conversation, she informed us that she & a neighbor or 2 had paid to have a Landline installed.
On that day a landline was a definite time saver

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuarb87