2021 Laramie won't take fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry if this has been discussed, can only find mentions of a TSB for 2019. I have a 2021 Laramie. Tried filling up yesterday and couldn't get more than $1 in without the pump shutting off like it's full. After that it's like 5 cents at a time. I assumed bad pump, tried another station, same deal. Had enough fuel to make it to today. Same deal at 3rd station so something is definitely wrong with my truck. I never top it off. What gives?

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is an existing thread on this topic. I am dealing with this right now. Waiting on a new gas tank now. It’s probably the rollover valve on the tank itself not opening. I have a 2019 Laramie Longhorn.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram knows there is a problem.
The Dodge Dealership knows there is a problem

Both of them like to play games with the customers, they want Ram owners to describe in detail what happens when you fill up, how many different gas stations it happens at.
Then they will tell you that you over fill your tank & that is what caused it.

As i mentioned, they already know all about, but Ram Headquarters makes the dealers do it.

OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My concern is that at 40k miles, I'm probably on the hook for this. I'm not paying a dealer to install a fuel tank. Is that likely the only fix?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Jm91rs
There may be a Recall out on it, or a CSU or just a Good Will fix
you won't know until you get it into Dodge

OP
OP
J

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hoping for the best at my appointment tomorrow morning. In case the news is bad, or not an immediate repair, I brought a digital caliper up to the Kroger fuel pumps. Figured out the max distance I can open up the pump without it shutting off (it's slightly more than a trickle) and I'll make a small wooden wedge to stick in the pump to hold it open so that at least I don't have to stand at the pump and constantly feather it at the right level for 40 minutes. Maybe I can 3d print them in different sizes and market them on eBay when everyone else is unable to fill their tanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat