2021 Ram Classic Fuel System issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamGrl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At 42,000km I had my fuel pump replaced due to a crank but no fire in hot weather. It was worse if I had to make multiple stops in the city. Six months later it began doing the same thing. Again the fuel pump was changed with the same Mopar fuel pump, new fuel rail and injectors. All under warranty at that time thank goodness.

When my truck rolled 60,080km it started acting up again. I no longer have warranty on this pump. The dealership says Daimler is aware of the issues but will only keep replacing my pump with their OEM.

I am tired of the poor fuel economy, rough idle and crank but no fire. This again only happens when it’s +20C or warmer. It’s perfect in the winter.

Has anyone found a good replacement fuel pump that is NOT a Mopar? Or am I missing another possible issue? My pump is a

68399001AC​

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Considering that this forum isn't swamped with fuel pump failure issues and the dealership has replaced the fuel pump twice now, I'm going to say find a different dealership to troubleshoot the problem.
It's most likely an electrical issue, a problem with the wiring/plugs or the relay that enabled the pump which is causing the pump to fail.

As for the fuel economy, it's a Hemi don't expect miracles. If your in the 6-7 Km/l (17-20 mpg), that's on the good side of typical. As the saying goes, a Hemi will pass just about anything but a gas station.. LOL

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I traded it off yesterday lol it can be someone else’s issue

It not shutting off with the key out of the ignition was my last straw!
What part of Saskatchewan are you in,i grew up in the Kindersley area.