2023 3500 ram longhorn gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I bought my truck 3 days ago new from a dealer. I started noticing every time I would shut the truck down I would hear feed back through one of the speakers with a slight pop of the radio system shutting down. I then sat in my truck for a few moments and realized it would do it ever so often continuously while the truck was shut down. I then noticed the back light to the dash would simultaneously come on and the depress pedal and hit ignition message would go off and on along with the backlights to the gauge cluster screen. This is an issue that would go on all night continually if I didn’t unhook the battery cables.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what was the resolution. Thank you in advance for any help. I am going to try to attach a video.

Attachments

• IMG_2296.jpeg
    IMG_2296.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 13

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Either ECU/BCM (whichever module controls that functions) needs to be re-flashed. Dealer trip asap. Especially if U R unhooking cables every night and the same issue comes back. Something definitely not correct.

Tomorrow morning (MONDAY) not be soon enuf. DO not take any BS like it will straighten out etc, something not set up right. Since U just bought truck, one would hope Dealership step right in and square away, and not give U a six week out appointment.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my truck 3 days ago new from a dealer. I started noticing every time I would shut the truck down I would hear feed back through one of the speakers with a slight pop of the radio system shutting down. I then sat in my truck for a few moments and realized it would do it ever so often continuously while the truck was shut down. I then noticed the back light to the dash would simultaneously come on and the depress pedal and hit ignition message would go off and on along with the backlights to the gauge cluster screen. This is an issue that would go on all night continually if I didn’t unhook the battery cables.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what was the resolution. Thank you in advance for any help. I am going to try to attach a video.
THINKING OUT LOUD: If yer truck sat for a long time, a BAD BATTERY could also cause all these issues. These rolling computers, even the Big Diesels act friggin stupid if a bad battery, especially if U have a Cummins and dual in line battery setup. ONE bad battery, cells bring down whole system. IF THEY SAY it is a BATTERY, do not REPLACE ONE. MAKE THEM replace both.