2024 Ram Rebel GT first used oil analysis results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevieb92

Reaction score
I got the first used oil analysis results back from Blackstone on my 2024 Ram Rebel GT. The mileage is 1410 at the time of oil sampling. What I found interesting is the note that the viscosity is 5w-20. I'm guessing that all 5.7 hemi engines come with a factory fill of 5w-20 but they want you to change to 0w-20 per the manual? Also of note is that I installed the FilterMag at 24 miles before I left Mark Dodge dealership for the road trip home to PA.

Rebel_GT_UOA_01_1410miles.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That is most likely 0w20, 5w20 is usually a little closer to the 9. Just a blanket statement from blackstone. There is like zero or close to zero difference 0w20 and 5w20 on cold flow viscosity graphs. The first uoa's are always throw aways. The most interesting wear metal is aluminum, everything else is expected. Maybe new pistons had some sharp edges. I would do a another flush run, like 500-1000 miles and get those wear metals out. Maybe it would be worth it to do a uoa on the next run after that. But engine is running like a top, nothing on second sheet hinting at any issues with fuel or water. Just wear from copper sealant most likely and hemi's always show heavy wear when young. Those look similar to my first uoa's.

Post in blackstone thread for more feedback.

That looks like a high quality oil, zinc a tad high which is good for break in.