2025 Ram Rebel Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am considering ordering a 2025 Rebel. I have read on numerous forums about how bad that option is. However, the trucks they talke about are considerably older. My question is this, has this option finally had all the bugs out of it.

I like the idea that the truck can be lowered for easy access. My wife has Parkinson’s so being able to lower the truck for her is very important to me. But, I don’’t want to give myself an option that keeps my truck in the shop all the time. Thanks for the input!

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had no issues with it....I had the air suspension on my 2016 1500 Limited which I traded in with 160K miles on it and never had an issue. I now have it on my 23 Limited with no issues so far but only have 9600 on it.

Good luck with whatever you end up going with.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My 21 Rebel is fine. Most of the comments I've seen are related to cold weather. So far, hasn't affected my Truck.

OP
OP
M

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thank you, I live in south Texas so we don’t have that much winter. I think it’s a nice option to have.

I am also hoping the dealer can add power assisted steps. Pretty sure they aren’t a option but I have read the dealer can install and add to the DIC just like it came on the vehicle .

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I love my air suspension. Have had multiple Ram's with it. Had an issue with my 16 that was taken care of under warranty. Other than that, no issues and I live in New England, lot's of freezing weather.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you, I live in south Texas so we don’t have that much winter. I think it’s a nice option to have.

I am also hoping the dealer can add power assisted steps. Pretty sure they aren’t a option but I have read the dealer can install and add to the DIC just like it came on the vehicle .
Power steps are not an option?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had a previous gen and a ‘21 rebel with air suspensions and went thru multiple winters with them. Never had 1 issue to be honest. I wouldn’t worry about it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ratio of people having issues with the air suspension is probably like 1 out of every 10,000 or something stupid like that. I wouldnt let it worry you too much. You will read of a bunch of people online having issues, but that is a very small percentage compared to the mass of the sustems out there. However, there is no doubt much more room for errors and issues with the air suspension compared to normal spring suspension. That, and if you keep your vehicles for long periods of time (lots of miles, no warranty etc.) just be prepared for a no doubt large repair bill at some point down the road.

OP
OP
M

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks for the input. I usually get a new truck every 4 years. This will likely be my last truck. Not expecting to live much longer. Not being dramatic, just a fact.

zrock

Reaction score
im sure i read somewhere that they changed the compressor and put one in with a heating element in it to combat the cold climates. Like stated above the failure rate is small. I had a air suspension truck and loved it but ended up deleting it as i live in cold climate and once it started having issues it was not worth the money to start replacing parts.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input. I usually get a new truck every 4 years. This will likely be my last truck. Not expecting to live much longer. Not being dramatic, just a fact.
Yup...my dad (89) just said the same thing when he bought a new SUV last year. Just stating facts.
I have a '16 Rebel and the air suspension has been great. I have 105k trouble-free miles on it.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had "0" problems with it. Got it and the power step because wife needs them for entry and air for long trips on bumpy roads when we travel down south. BTW, she has height and age disabilities. (Don't tell her I said that)

OP
OP
M

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yup...my dad (89) just said the same thing when he bought a new SUV last year. Just stating facts.
I have a '16 Rebel and the air suspension has been great. I have 105k trouble-free miles on it.
My dad is also still alive at age 99. He will be 100 in May. I already have the gene for something bad which is currently heading my way. I won’t even come close to making it that long. We just play the cards of life that were dealt.

plainsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Have had on my 2015 Laramie and plan to get it on a 2025. Only problem was on a trip to Wisconsin one winter when air temps got to -35. The air suspension stopped working but my dealer in KS repaired no problem. Dealer up there said not too many air suspensions seen there due to extreme temps but I can't verify his opinion. In any case I wouldn't hesitate to order on my next vehicle.

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just one more vote for the air suspension. My 2020 Limited has 60,000 miles and have zero problems. I live in North Texas but have spent winter trips in Colorado, Wyoming and Wisconsin with no issues anywhere. The Limited comes with the auto deploy steps and I love them.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I am considering ordering a 2025 Rebel. I have read on numerous forums about how bad that option is. However, the trucks they talke about are considerably older. My question is this, has this option finally had all the bugs out of it.

I like the idea that the truck can be lowered for easy access. My wife has Parkinson’s so being able to lower the truck for her is very important to me. But, I don’’t want to give myself an option that keeps my truck in the shop all the time. Thanks for the input!
I also have a disability and have been trying to find an air ride for my 2019 1500 5th gen. I understand what your wife deals with. I have a 2019 5th gen Big Horn with a GT interior and heated cooled seats with 22k on it. I have air ride in both of my GC and love it. I like the v6 engine and really do not want another car payment. With 22k, it still has a lot of life left. Can't use it as an everyday because of days I can't get in it. Even called Extensive in Houston last year because they put air ride in everything. They did not return 2 phone calls. Guess you have to be rich and famous to get a call back. I wish you luck but the proposed price increases put me out of that market and like my v6. I had a 21 Limited and sold it because of how much per mile it cost.

Big Jims 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I am also hoping the dealer can add power assisted steps. Pretty sure they aren’t an option but I have read the dealer can install and add to the DIC just like it came on the vehicle .
I had the dealer add the power steps to my 2021 Laramie when I bought it new but it’s available in the DIC.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on my third RAM Longhorn and all 3 had air suspension, and I have not had any problems with any of them, and I'm up here in Canada ... I can't say for sure but those who have had problems might be the ones who do some off-roading ... My driving is mainly around town or the highway ...

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, my father in law(79) said the same thing on his last truck f250...then bought a new f150 last year.

2wheelsor4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2017 1500 with the 4 corner air and loved it. Issue free for over 100K miles when I sold it. Was awesome for towing the travel trailer! And yes I still used a WDH.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357