2500 6.4 exhaust options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
On the drive home this morning I decided to really kick her fat ass. The power gains are solid. It feels more like my 12' 5.7 scsb now. Lots of get up and go. Now I got a hemi foot! Money well spent...
Did you order just the muffler delete or did you get the mufflex with the magnaflow installed?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so, did anyone have drone at hwy speeds?? for instance when the mds triggered??

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anymore feedback on the mufflex guys?
Have yall tried without the resonator yet.
I'm very close to pulling the trigger and ordering the mufflex with magnaflow.

OP
OP
Blackout 6.4

Blackout 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Found out today that the Magnaflow catback system I ordered last week is on backorder, will not ship out for another week. I guess there has been a lot of demand for this exhaust system?

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was quoted $750 today for a complete dual exhaust like a couple of guys on here have done. That would include 3" pipe, 2 flowmaster 40 series, and SS tips coming out under the bumper.

I'm concerned that it will be money wasted to change out all that piping. I mean would it really net me that much performance gain compared to just changing the muffler to a FM or Magnaflow and getting rid of the resonator?

I could see performance gains for a built motor, but for a stick motor I'm just not sure.

I'm seriously debating on changing the stock muffler to a FM 40 series delta force single 3.5" in and single 3.5" out and getting rid of the resonator. I was quoted that at $250.

It just seems that the mufflex is kinda high dollar at $300 just for the part.

What are you guys thoughts?

I'm not wanting to spend a fortune just to make the truck sound better.
I honestly think performance gains will be minimal on a stock motor no matter what exhaust is put on.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it's all personal preference, i have 0 tolerance for drone, so i will just be replacing the muffler "magnaflow or mufflex" and possibly removing the resonator, all depends on the sound/ drone, And i will be changing the tip to a black tip for appearance.

OP
OP
Blackout 6.4

Blackout 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was quoted $750 today for a complete dual exhaust like a couple of guys on here have done. That would include 3" pipe, 2 flowmaster 40 series, and SS tips coming out under the bumper.

I'm concerned that it will be money wasted to change out all that piping. I mean would it really net me that much performance gain compared to just changing the muffler to a FM or Magnaflow and getting rid of the resonator?

I could see performance gains for a built motor, but for a stick motor I'm just not sure.

I'm seriously debating on changing the stock muffler to a FM 40 series delta force single 3.5" in and single 3.5" out and getting rid of the resonator. I was quoted that at $250.

It just seems that the mufflex is kinda high dollar at $300 just for the part.

What are you guys thoughts?

I'm not wanting to spend a fortune just to make the truck sound better.
I honestly think performance gains will be minimal on a stock motor no matter what exhaust is put on.

I don't think there is anything to gain other than appearance and maybe sound from going with duals out the back, especially if you are doing 3" as that is reduced from the factory 3.5". I was planning on dropping in a replacement muffler and keeping rest stock, but with shorter muffler the shop would have to add some pipe, and they said they could not bend 3.5" with their machine so they said go with a catback system. If you shop can do 3.5" pipe, I would just swap the muffler out. Just my 2 cents.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yes my shop can handle the 3.5" pipe.
I think I am going to just replace the stock muffler with a FM 40 series delta force race 3.5 offset in and 3.5 opposite offset out and remove the resonator and put a nice black tip.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Any more exhaust ideas? I am tempted by the Mufflex, but would really prefer something a bit quieter. Just judging by videos, have not heard one in person. I'd like a little rumble, but am way past listening to bark and drone while towing. Guess I'm getting old;-(

On Edit: I emailed Mufflex to see if they would do a quieter version and never got a reply.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I ended up with a Magnaflow SI/SO and chopped off the reso.

20150411_124716_zps5xvpv9bd.jpg

20150411_124917_zps8vchuhw9.jpg

20150411_124800_zpssjlyrdcg.jpg

20150411_124747_zpstl1jmes7.jpg

PICT0001_zpsm5fesonp.jpg

PICT0003_zpstmwbndur.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not unless you remove it, then try to punch it out. There's no access to it from outside the case.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Not unless you remove it, then try to punch it out. There's no access to it from outside the case.

Thanks, I've been going to look but been out of commission with some kind of bug after travelling back east.

Nwchapman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 3500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
2016 6.4L exhaust mod

New to the site, but wanted to post an option that some may find more appealing than the kits being sold for big $$$. I just had my muffler replaced with a 12" glass pack...kept the resonator and all that goes with it, but did change the factory tip location by a few inches. 3" internal on the 12" with 3.5" inlet/outlet...seems to satisfy the back pressure needed to avoid torque loss, but certainly improved mid-high range performance by opening up the flow. No dyno #'s to verify, but enough windshield time in it to know the difference. Not too loud, especially under "normal" throttle, but you won't be sneaking up on anyone. Kick it in the ass, and everybody will hear the banshee. $150...I'll take it.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
THREAD RESURRECTION !!! :roflsquared:

How are you "mufflex with the magnaflow" guys liking you setup now that they have been on for a while now?

there are not to many other options out there in the same price range. I had a shop quote me $450 !! to weld in a flowmaster 50 series HD and another tell me they dont want to touch my truck....and that was a dedicated muffler shop... they can **** off then.

probably end up ordering the mufflex. just looking for a little less $$$ option if there is one.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
THREAD RESURRECTION !!! :roflsquared:

How are you "mufflex with the magnaflow" guys liking you setup now that they have been on for a while now?

there are not to many other options out there in the same price range. I had a shop quote me $450 !! to weld in a flowmaster 50 series HD and another tell me they dont want to touch my truck....and that was a dedicated muffler shop... they can **** off then.

probably end up ordering the mufflex. just looking for a little less $$$ option if there is one.
Either I've gotten used to it or it's quieted down a bit. Still sounds great though. I've towed a handful of times and even with the engine screaming it's not loud in the cab. If there is any drone it's masked by my tires.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk