3000 miles, tires are getting feathered edge...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must be grumpy today. Two negative posts. I noticed the outside edges of my front tires are getting feathered.

I have a leveling kit...so is this inevitable or should I get my toe looked at? (On the truck not my foot).

that white kid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get your tires aligned. did you not get them aligned when you got the level?

OP
OP
K

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed it before I took delivery. Tracks nice and straight. No idea if thwy had put it back up on the rack after they installed it b

MoparCody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L V8
I agree with that white kid. Sounds like u need an alignment. When u get an alignment rotate your tires. This will help with getting the ones that are feathered back to normal.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

1967dart406

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get use to it, everyone I know has had issues with the stock goodyears, mine have feathered since new, they've checked alignment, they sent it to a Goodyear store, they've road forced balance and on and on and on. With 20k on my truck they will be coming off in the next 8-10k miles.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed it before I took delivery. Tracks nice and straight. No idea if thwy had put it back up on the rack after they installed it b

I agree with everyone else. feathering tires mean bad alignment.
Even though she tracks straight some places adjust the steering wheel hiding the alignment issue.

Take your truck in and then I would take it to another place for a second opinion.

I think we had another member here about 2 weeks ago with alignment issue and his dealer kept telling him it was straight. meanwhile, he was burning through rubber. He took it to another shop and had them align it properly and they provided a before and after print out that he took to the dealer

Last edited: