33x12.5r20 on stock 20x8's tire pressure question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys,
Looking to get some new tires. I currently have 275 65 20's looking at some 33 12.5r20 I have the stock 20x8 aluminum wheels now, I run 1.5 spacers.
I've called the dealership and they said they will mount this tire, but I'm wondering will I have to adjust the tire pressure at all so it doesn't wear the middle tread or should I not even consider this? Really like the idea of a wider tire, newer rims are in the picture but down the road a little bit until I can afford them,
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a '14 and went to a wider size tire with stock 20" rims, I tried to run lower pressure to avoid center wear. The TPMS wanted 39 PSI +- a couple, anything below about 37 would turn on the TPMS MIL. Good luck and rotate them often...

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a '14 and went to a wider size tire with stock 20" rims, I tried to run lower pressure to avoid center wear. The TPMS wanted 39 PSI +- a couple, anything below about 37 would turn on the TPMS MIL. Good luck and rotate them often...
Thanks for the reply, did you end up getting decent miles out of the tires?,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are multiple threads related to PSI. Almost all the information is tire-size agnostic.

If you are going to wear LT tires, you will most likely need higher pressure.

If P tires, likely you can suffice with near factory pressure.

Search and read some of those threads.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't remember all the info on the tires, they were Nitto Terra Grapplers but not the most aggressive ones. I put about 20K on them before I traded the truck, they were wearing great. I did not do a lot of off-roading with it on purpose, but with the way it was set up ( stock tire diameter but wider, 5.7, 8 speed, 3.92 anti-spin, 4x4) I had no problems.