35s or 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't felt any loss of braking with 37's.
Maybe I don't use the brake enough? When I climb on them, they respond well, IMO.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i hope the people that read this thread have the ability to look through the nonsense. if the rolling momentum of 37s isnt harder to get stopped then i suppose it doesnt take more fuel to get them moving and the sky isnt blue

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i hope the people that read this thread have the ability to look through the nonsense. if the rolling momentum of 37s isnt harder to get stopped then i suppose it doesnt take more fuel to get them moving and the sky isnt blue

That is valid- But These are 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I personally wouldn't put 37"s on a half ton just due to the smaller parts and extra stress of added weight - But I personally have no issues putting them on a hd truck. Granite 90% of the guys putting them on their trucks keep their trucks as pavement princess"s and they don't get worked hard or stressed much. Just my 2 cents

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

For daily driving the difference is completely negligible. If it's an emergency situation where you have to literally slam on your brakes, sure, it's going to take longer with 37's. But daily driving? Not noticeable at all because you should be braking slowly anyways.

OP
OP
Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I hope people reading this thread take real world experience over personal opinion. No one is saying it'll stop as quickly but by no means do I feel I don't have enough braking power. If you have something to contribute please do but leave your opinion at the door, means nothing compared to us who actually drive with 37s. To further prove the point, these trucks have brakes designed to stop this heavy ass truck as well as thousands of pounds behind it, I'm sure an extra 23 lbs per tire is hardly going to effect performance and it doesn't.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope people reading this thread take real world experience over personal opinion. No one is saying it'll stop as quickly but by no means do I feel I don't have enough braking power. If you have something to contribute please do but leave your opinion at the door, means nothing compared to us who actually drive with 37s. To further prove the point, these trucks have brakes designed to stop this heavy ass truck as well as thousands of pounds behind it, I'm sure an extra 23 lbs per tire is hardly going to effect performance and it doesn't.

I do agree with you, but that 23 extra pounds is a lot when your talking about rotating momentum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Granite 90% of the guys putting them on their trucks keep their trucks as pavement princess"s and they don't get worked hard or stressed much. Just my 2 cents

Like me! :happy107:

I'm probably one of the few with 37's on a 1500 and they absolutley effect braking....that's why I just give my self more room to stop. I can't recall a specific moment where I've had to slam on my brakes but I have had to slow down relatively quickly and this thing takes a bit to stop....won't lie there.

OP
OP
Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I do agree with you, but that 23 extra pounds is a lot when your talking about rotating momentum

21 lbs difference in my set up actually. In the grand scheme of things, again it isn't going to stop the same but the extra is hardly noticeable on these trucks due to what they're set up to do. No one is arguing it's not extra weight or the performance won't change, but I've never felt it's inadequate, in fact I hardly notice a difference. I drive the same way I did before when I had stock tires.

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
21 lbs difference in my set up actually. In the grand scheme of things, again it isn't going to stop the same but the extra is hardly noticeable on these trucks due to what they're set up to do. No one is arguing it's not extra weight or the performance won't change, but I've never felt it's inadequate, in fact I hardly notice a difference. I drive the same way I did before when I had stock tires.

I'm in the same boat, and completely agree.

rgregg08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Did you re-calibrate for your increased tire size?

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
That brings up an issue I haven't thought of yet...what is the most cost effective way to recalibrate my speedometer once I install the 35s? I do not plan on tuning this truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That brings up an issue I haven't thought of yet...what is the most cost effective way to recalibrate my speedometer once I install the 35s? I do not plan on tuning this truck.

I'm not sure the dealer can but that'd be the cheapest place to start

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi

If AEV every brings out the Ram Procal, that would be the cheapest way. But they are notorious for taking a year or two past their original estimated release dates.

Bad Ass products, but you have to wait forever from the date they put the first concept out there to the time they actually have it ready.

*** If you order the 3" AEV lift now, they will send the Procal to you as part of the lift kit. I'm patiently waiting for it to be release by itself....

Fanman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Update on the Hypertech:

Picked up the Hypertech 752503 model yesterday. It is for the diesel, but worked without issue on my 6.4
I updated the unit via internet before using it on my truck, worked great.
One note, my tires are 37" on paper, but Nitto specs say 36.77". Unit increments are .25", so I used 36.75. Speedo was off +2MPH. Speedo was off -5MPH before programming. I adjusted the programmer to 36" even, and speedo is dead nuts with GPS.
So it does work, just a little tweaking to dial it in.
BTW.. In order to use the unit on another vehicle, you have to reset back to stock on the original vehicle. So basically, one unit for each truck.

This is from a thread a few pages in. I paid under $200. for the unit. Unit will do the speedo adjust only.

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Thank you for the info. Looks like I'll be looking into the Hypertech most likely.
Also from another thread, I was directed to a shop that is fairly local to me that can reprogram the TPMS to get the light off. Good stuff guys!

EastNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently put 35's on my mega cab and performance went way down. Acceleration, braking and handling. Looks great but feels like it lumbers around now.