35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No problem. I knew the Power Wagon capacity.

So you knowingly jeopardized not only your own safety, but (more importantly) that of everyone else on the road around you??? Not to mention the potential damage to the truck. Its amazing how uncommon common sense is.

Jim, any pics of the truck on the new 35's?

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
So you knowingly jeopardized not only your own safety, but (more importantly) that of everyone else on the road around you??? Not to mention the potential damage to the truck. Its amazing how uncommon common sense is.

Yes, and I will do it again in order to obtain enough fuel to heat my home. I hauled away full loads of Park trash for the Colorado Parks for 6 months after retirement and have extensive driving experience in carrying even much heavier loads with not one issue or incident even within heavy pedestrian and high vehicle traffic areas. I know what I am doing.

With the Load Range D tires I maximized the truck capacity with just 35 forty bags of wood pellets and the truck swayed under the recommended maximum load. I took it slow. Rural 45 mile drive with little to no traffic.

After purchasing the Load Range E tires the truck handled the same load firmly. The Load Range E tires made the Power Wagon an entire different vehicle. It had no sway whatsoever with even moving up to a 1 ton load (50 bags). After running entirely out of wood pellets for my home heating last year due to a shortage of availability I now purchase 3 tons during early Fall. No stores had any in stock in mid winter last season. I now carry a full pallet due to they sell out fast. Cheaper to purchase by the full pallet. Occasionally overloading sometimes just leaves no choice. A lot of folks don't have good common sense to just take it slow. Most folks also don't have a scale readily available to check the truck weight when hauling anything heavy.

http://www.cdmc.ca/blog/is-my-pickup-truck-overloaded/

https://businessden.com/2018/08/17/...manufacturer-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy/

Truck photos with 1 ton of wood pellets in the bed. It looks normal in height and it both drove and handled normal... Still I take it slow.
KIMG0492.jpg KIMG0493.jpg

Last edited:

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, and I will do it again in order to obtain enough fuel to heat my home.

With the Load Range D tires I maximized the truck capacity with just 35 forty bags of wood pellets and the truck swayed under the recommended maximum load. I took it slow. Rural 45 mile drive with little to no traffic.

After purchasing the Load Range E tires the truck handled the same load firmly. The Load Range E tires made the Power Wagon an entire different vehicle. It had no sway whatsoever with even moving up to a 1 ton load (50 bags). After running entirely out of wood pellets for my home heating last year due to a shortage of availability I now purchase 3 tons during early Fall. No stores had any in stock in mid winter last season. I now carry a full pallet due to they sell out fast. Cheaper to purchase by the full pallet. Occasionally overloading sometimes just leaves no choice. A lot of folks don't have good common sense to just take it slow. Most folks also don't have a scale readily available to check the truck weight when hauling anything heavy.

http://www.cdmc.ca/blog/is-my-pickup-truck-overloaded/

https://businessden.com/2018/08/17/...manufacturer-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy/

Truck photos with 1 ton of wood pellets in the bed. It looks normal in height and it both drove and handled normal... Still I take it slow.
View attachment 159673 View attachment 159674
Do you run airbags?

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
No air bags. Just occasionally carry a heavy load in the Power Wagon.

On my 1998 Chevrolet K1500 I installed helper springs due to some sag under a load. I also run Load Range E tires on that truck and it could easily handle 1 ton of wood pellets occasionally in the bed with no driving issues and little if any sag. Just a bit lower in overall height. I take it slow.

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I got side steps and a cat back exhaust to install this weekend and then I'll put picks up

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I will chime in that after putting 35s on my 16 PW the computer says I'm getting much lower gas mileage.
Stock tires would get 17-19 on the highway under 70. Made a trip down to the Gatornationals and best I got at 69mph was 14.5. back roads at 55mph saw 15.5.
I'm still very happy with the Cooper STTs though.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I will chime in that after putting 35s on my 16 PW the computer says I'm getting much lower gas mileage.
Stock tires would get 17-19 on the highway under 70. Made a trip down to the Gatornationals and best I got at 69mph was 14.5. back roads at 55mph saw 15.5.
I'm still very happy with the Cooper STTs though.

Your odometer, speedometer and mileage will all be off until you correct the tire size with a Procal, Tazer, alfaOBD, etc. In reality, a bigger, heavier tire is going to make your city mileage trend down and your highway mileage trend up. Whether the net effect is up, down or no change depends on your driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the odometer calibrated by the dealer (I have a friend). When I go by the radar traps they usually read 1-2 mph different than what the cc is set on.
Usually I drive with a light foot and not inner city.
Just commenting on what the computer said. I haven't done a paper calculation.

A PW is the kind of vehicle one doesn't get if they are overly concerned about fuel mileage IMO.

PW636

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
7A3179AF-4F3D-439A-86C9-2107628FF388.png 3F0A617F-BE2D-4963-B818-EF51570E74AE.png Fuel Mileage never Changed with 35’s on my power wagon around town.
I went with the stock offset and 10” width wheels. No clearance issues with 12.5 Cooper Sst tires. I choose to go with 20” rims for less sidewall movement for towing heavy loads. Tires looked small but wanted to keep the handling with load. Larger tires with smaller rims ads more sidewall sway.

Currently I have gone to 37” tires on 20” rims. Lifted truck with 2 /12 front and 1 1/2 Rear.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 161553 View attachment 161552 Fuel Mileage never Changed with 35’s on my power wagon around town.
I went with the stock offset and 10” width wheels. No clearance issues with 12.5 Cooper Sst tires. I choose to go with 20” rims for less sidewall movement for towing heavy loads. Tires looked small but wanted to keep the handling with load. Larger tires with smaller rims ads more sidewall sway.

Currently I have gone to 37” tires on 20” rims. Lifted truck with 2 /12 front and 1 1/2 Rear.
That's one sick ass PW and I usually hate those graphics

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Did you powdercoat your hooks? I am neutral to the red grille inserts. Sometimes I like them other times I hate them.
Nah I used an oil based tractor enamel. Sever coats and it sucked haha. They “look” good but I’ll see how they hold up once a straps hooked to it

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah I used an oil based tractor enamel. Sever coats and it sucked haha. They “look” good but I’ll see how they hold up once a straps hooked to it
Let me know because I want to paint my hooks

2017 Power Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What do you guys do with your stock tires/wheels? My 2017 wheels and duratracs are sitting in my garage. Where have you had luck selling them and how much did they go for? My duratracs have about 17,000 road miles on them but lots of tread and the wheels are flawless. I’ve had some low offers but haven’t tried very hard yet, thanks for any feedback

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
What do you guys do with your stock tires/wheels? My 2017 wheels and duratracs are sitting in my garage. Where have you had luck selling them and how much did they go for? My duratracs have about 17,000 road miles on them but lots of tread and the wheels are flawless. I’ve had some low offers but haven’t tried very hard yet, thanks for any feedback

Sell the tires to Jeepers, they love them.
The wheels will move quickly if you’re willing to split them up and ship. Always somebody on 35s or 37s looking to do a five tire rotation.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Where are you located?