3in body lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've looked at all the threads on body lifts on here and i just want to know,do all body lifts require cutting?? Are any of the them just bolt ons,I watched a couple of videos and there all grinding or cutting to get the bumpers back on.The kit says comes with bumper relocation brackets ????

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Ill be installing my PA 3" kit in a couple weeks..no cutting required that im aware of. Just drilling and bolting on..thats where the relocating brackets come into play so no cutting should be required.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I've looked at all the threads on body lifts on here and i just want to know,do all body lifts require cutting?? Are any of the them just bolt ons,I watched a couple of videos and there all grinding or cutting to get the bumpers back on.The kit says comes with bumper relocation brackets ????

i was wanting to know the same. i was thinking of putting a 3 in body lift on mine too.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Its Performance Accessories..thats the company, Im told they make a good product! Any kit using the high grade nylon lift blocks, your good to go. Ill be able to fill you in more once I do the install.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
Don't know about the Rams, but on my old B2300, I had to cut the front supports so that the bumper brackets fit correctly.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I believe on the 03-05 Ram you have to trim away some of the front frame to make the bumper lift bracket work properly. I know I had to on my 03 with the PA body lift. ALso had to weld the blocks in the go between the bed and frame.

But I had a buddy with an 06...he got a Zone body lift. No cutting the front frame.

You will prob still have to cut the fan shroud and add the 3" extention into that.

Don't get discouraged...fallow the instruction and it will go smooth. I installed mine when I really wasn't that mechanically enclined.

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill be installing my PA 3" kit in a couple weeks..no cutting required that im aware of. Just drilling and bolting on..thats where the relocating brackets come into play so no cutting should be required.

You gonna make a DIY write up?

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Depends on how easy the install is..if I get to frustrated and pull out my phone to snap pics im liable to break it haha

OP
OP
norsman

norsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are there nuts up top or do the new longer bolts just thread up into something,you dont have to hold anything up top do ya ????

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The cab/bed mounts are just a bolt. They thread into the cab/bed. No nuts for the cab mounts. The kit comes with longer bolts. Make sure you use loctite.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
do you need any steering arm extension or wiring extensions or anyting? or is it just bolt on kit and bumper re-locating brackets?

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
The PA kit comes with everythin you need. Including steering exntension, a relocation bracket for the e brake, brackets to extend the fan shroud, fuel filler extension.

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
You can get it wayyyyy cheaper then that. Talk to Dave. Im sure He will hook you up. I got mine for like $350 or something from 4wheelparts

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Don't pay $500 for a body lift...Dave will hook you up. Shouldn't have to pay more than $400 for the lift

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I paid 395 from 4wheelparts for mine...even if yours mentioned includes gap guards, you can buy it separately and save money!

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
^ this and I got it while it was on sale and free shipping. I'd talk to Dave tho. 4wheelparts sucks to deal with