4” Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CO-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been seriously considering doing a 4” lift on my 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi but I wanted to ping some of the more advanced user on this board on a question.

My current suspension mods are as follows

Front BIL 6112

Rear BIL 5100

Icon Rear Springs

HellWig SwayBar

Can any of this be used in a 4” lift kit or will most of it be replaced?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Probably depends on which kit, but if not, you can surely resale the parts you have listed.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It all depends on what lift kit you go with and who does the work. The first thing you might want to consider is how many miles are on the shocks/struts/springs. It used to be that they all got replaced every 50,000 miles if you followed the manufacturer guidelines. The sway bar can definitely stay but you might need taller sway bar links. It all depends on the lift kit. Also, not all of the kits use spacers to help achieve the 4 inches of lift. If they don’t use any spacers, then the shocks will not have enough travel and your ride quality will be horrible and they will limit the amount of travel your wheels/tires will have.

I have a Rough Country 4” lift and I was able to keep stock height shocks and struts as they used spacers to add some of the height. I love my ride quality and everyone says my truck rides like a Cadillac. Hope this helps.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
  • Sway bar is fine. The kits come with new shocks and rear springs. You'll be able to keep your front Bills but the rear bills are longer to accommodate the lift.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been seriously considering doing a 4” lift on my 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi but I wanted to ping some of the more advanced user on this board on a question.

Front BIL 6112

Rear BIL 5100

Icon Rear Springs

HellWig SwayBar

front 6112s you’ll keep with most lifts

rear 5100s will probably be gone with a 4 or 6 inch kit......and they’re so cheap you’re probably best placing them in a trash can

If your lift kit uses rear spacers then you could keep the icon rear springs but that’d put the back end up really high even if you set your front 6112s at max. You’d prob be better just selling the icon springs. Someone would probably scoop those up.

sway bar you can keep and still use

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Front BIL 6112 = yes adjust height/reuse

Rear BIL 5100 = no

Icon Rear Springs = no

HellWig SwayBar = yes reuse

Most 4” kits lift the rear approx 3” with either coils or a spacer, therefore the rear shocks would be to short and Icon rear coils wouldn’t be used.

Good news is you could easily sell those here so save the box’s from the lift kit.