4" BDS on 2016 1500 EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Sadler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hi all-
I'm currently having an issue with my front suspension. I took the truck into the dealer to deal with a 'sound' coming from the front end. It was determined that it was a cracked front shaft. While under the truck the tech noted that the angle on the drive shaft was VERY extreme, normally the angle you'd see on a 6+" lift, but he's never seen it on a 4". One theory was that the brackets that dropped the front end were too large. I'm working with BDS now to see if they can come up with a reason for this, but was wondering if anyone else has run into the same situation. I've attached a pic. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0616.JPG

Timmy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all-
I'm currently having an issue with my front suspension. I took the truck into the dealer to deal with a 'sound' coming from the front end. It was determined that it was a cracked front shaft. While under the truck the tech noted that the angle on the drive shaft was VERY extreme, normally the angle you'd see on a 6+" lift, but he's never seen it on a 4". One theory was that the brackets that dropped the front end were too large. I'm working with BDS now to see if they can come up with a reason for this, but was wondering if anyone else has run into the same situation. I've attached a pic. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 124491

You have the bds 4”? That doesn’t look right at all. Also is that coming out of the diff? If so you’re here’s suppos d to be a DC spacer there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmy01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you take a better pic of the entire DS?

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like installer forgot to install driveshaft drop bracket.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s what mine looks like, 4” Superlift. I’ll be honest, the pic makes it look worse than in person.

2368BA3E-4D09-446B-8698-3A25A11EE866.jpeg

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idk that doesn’t look too healthy either [emoji23]

Ya, pic makes it look awful but I’ve been running the lift for about 32k miles and no issues.

Thunda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Driveline Angle.JPG I am dealing with the same exact issue on my 2017 Ecodiesel only the bearings punched tiny holes in the front plate of the rzeppa cv and all of the grease leaked out. BDS said a step was missed in the installation. They said that the front boot clamp of the rzeppa cv was supposed to be clipped and the boot slid down closer to the cv. Looking at your picture it looks like yours was not clipped either. I only got 15000 miles out of mine.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This goes to show just how important instructions are. I feel for you guys buying an expensive lift only to have the installers skip steps. I know with rough country if the lift causes any damage to the truck and the dealer can prove it, it only costs the owner 100$” deductible” and rough country covers the rest. Part of their warranty. Since this is looking like it was the installers fault and not a failed partl “ improper instillation” I’m not sure how it will play out. Keep us posted.

Thunda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg Idaho is who I purchased the truck from and who installed the lift. BDS has a similar warranty but since a step was missed by DSM they are taking full responsibility and more taking care of the situation I should have a new and upgraded driveshaft by the end of the week. I would be interested in knowing what Matthew Sadler did to resolve his situation.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s Awesome!!! Glad it is being taken care of.