4 Digit PIN - 2022 Ram 4x4 Hemi etc etc..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HughS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I get my 4 digit PIN without paying the Dealership to access the radio area? I was told they should give it to me for free, since I own the truck... But they said I would have to pay for them to go into the Radio area and find it on the case?? Is there another way for me to get it?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I get my 4 digit PIN without paying the Dealership to access the radio area? I was told they should give it to me for free, since I own the truck... But they said I would have to pay for them to go into the Radio area and find it on the case?? Is there another way for me to get it?
You should be able to pull the pin with alfaobd. Connect to the rfhub and there is an option to view or retrieve pin. Worked for my 2017 Ram 1500, but I haven't tried to use the pin for anything. I have seen other threads where people pulled the pin with alfaobd and the pin codes work perfectly. I just haven't done anything that requires my pin yet.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know if you pull code with alfaobd and use it successfully.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Alfa won't pull the radio pin, that's the WIN pin to program FOB's. There are many people on ebay that do it for a couple bucks. You need the radio serial number and the VIN. Tell your dealer to go to hell. They should not be charging you for it.

Last edited:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
When I got my ‘22 Longhorn this past January, I asked my dealer ( service manager/owner ) about the 4 digit pin. He said that there is no 4 digit pin anymore with the 2022 model year. He said that there is only a rolling code now and it must be done through Chrysler/Wi-Tec now.
When I purchased my 2018 Ram 2500, I asked and was given the 4 digit pin. I did use it to reset my TPMS thresholds to a lower value. It was needed to reset the RF hub. Only thing I ever used it for.

OP
OP
H

HughS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My plans are to use Alfaobd to #1 get rid of the seat belt dingging when I undo the belt on my private road or out on the property. Next, I would like to see if I can get rid of the horn honking when I get out of my truck with the door closed to do something outside of the truck. Drives me nuts, especially when your wanting to remain quiet, like on deer leases. I understand I need the 4 digit pin to attempt and resets with alfaobd. My dealer told me they would have to charge me to go in and find the code on the radio, but did also mention a rotating code without much explanation. The service guy actually did not sound very knowledgeable about either code.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP< to use Alpha OBD on 2022, U need Security Bypass Cable.

HOW to quiet Seat Belt Ding:
Seat belt turnoff:

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in the off position buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light, and the other start up lights to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning
Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated
by repeating this procedure.

This gets rid of the Ding but you still get the warning on the EVIC. A seat belt extender will get rid of both.

HORN HONKING:
Not quite sure. There are numerous Uconnect settings ref horn and security and lighting flash options with/without horn also: Also depends upon FOB and location as alarm go off 3 times honk U leave keys in truck and lock door, unless 22's programmed differently. All depending upon selection in programming in Uconnect, and options on truck also: like Air suspension, etc.,.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My plans are to use Alfaobd to #1 get rid of the seat belt dingging when I undo the belt on my private road or out on the property. Next, I would like to see if I can get rid of the horn honking when I get out of my truck with the door closed to do something outside of the truck. Drives me nuts, especially when your wanting to remain quiet, like on deer leases. I understand I need the 4 digit pin to attempt and resets with alfaobd. My dealer told me they would have to charge me to go in and find the code on the radio, but did also mention a rotating code without much explanation. The service guy actually did not sound very knowledgeable about either code.
You don’t need the 4 digit PIN to do anything with alfaobd on your truck, so getting it from the dealer is useless to you.

Alfaobd is not capable of eliminating the three horn honk when exiting the truck with the fob, and closing the door while it’s running.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you want to get rid of the honk, leave the fob, or leave a second fob, in the truck when you get out. Other option is to turn off the truck, hit remote start. Truck will not honk when fob leaves while in remote start, but it only runs for 15 minutes. For the rest of the stuff, you do not need a PIN.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is on my 14 sport, with the big radio, 8.? so newer may be different.
I turned off the horn with the radio setting, only time it beeps is if I lock with the fob, it will beep once. If I remote start it beepx2, but that don't bother me as if it don't beep x2, I know it will not start.
I have never messed with the seat belt chime
When I bought the honda, the dealer gave me the radio code , antitheft, which I put in the book.
It's handy as with that , if the battery is disconnected, or goes dead, which has happened a couple times, You need the code to turn the radio back on.