Who else had a hard time getting 4 digit pin from dealers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

ramtruckrob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just know that alfaobd requires a one time fee for the license and it's $50. Well worth it in my opinion.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a strange on for you guys

I pulled the pin from my truck no problem

I did some changes to my 15 charger, and now when I try to pull the pin (or reset the rf hub) I get a no go message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240301-204800_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20240301-204800_AlfaOBD.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
R

ramtruckrob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not saying this is what you did, but I've forgotten to connect to the hub before starting the procedure since you have to connect to the OBD and then connect to what ever computer you are working on separately. I've even forgotten to connect to the OBD and wondered why I couldn't do anything.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not saying this is what you did, but I've forgotten to connect to the hub before starting the procedure since you have to connect to the OBD and then connect to what ever computer you are working on separately. I've even forgotten to connect to the OBD and wondered why I couldn't do anything.
No sir, I checked that, because you're right, it's easy to overlook

But that was not the issue

(To prove that, I went into the rf hub and tried one or two "test", locking the doors through alfa obd, that worked fine)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woh... The MX+ has gone up $70 since I bought mine 5 months ago. I paid $140 and now it's $209 on amazon

Are you certain that you didn't accidentally look at the dot ca site?

I see $140 US on dot com and $209 CDN on dot ca.

Welcome to the feeling of being screwed by amazon for being a Canadian. :cool:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you certain that you didn't accidentally look at the dot ca site?

I see $140 US on dot com and $209 CDN on dot ca.

Welcome to the feeling of being screwed by amazon for being a Canadian. :cool:

Ok, that may have been it.

Ram1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I used. Reprogrammed 2 new fobs in less than 2 minutes. Dealer wanted $400 for the fob, key blank, and programming and cutting the key. Bought AlfaOBD and the odb cable. Worked like a charm. Also turned off the damn seat belt reminder ding. Total cost was about $100 and can do so much more than just the fobs

AlfaOBD - https://www.alfaobd.com/
Cable - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZWM0R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Will this also change light settings. Change DRL from low beam or high to signal lights?

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will this also change light settings. Change DRL from low beam or high to signal lights?
Not sure. Didn't mess with it too much. Just changed programmed the key fobs, turned off seat belt chime, and enabled the back up camera I installed.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I set / added the DRL's to my turn signals and put the on/off control on my 8.4 screen. Being in USA, my DRL's weren't activated at all. In CA, yours are.

You can download the AlfaOBD and use it in demo mode (won't connect to vehicle) without purchasing. Then you can see 1st hand all the stuff it'll do.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I set / added the DRL's to my turn signals and put the on/off control on my 8.4 screen.

Could you please describe how you're able to switch the 8.4 screen on/off and where this setting is located in AlfaOBD? :cool:

I understand that there's settings somewhere for law enforcement vehicles that allows disabling of all interior and exterior lighting. Do you have any idea of where to find these settings?

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could you please describe how you're able to switch the 8.4 screen on/off and where this setting is located in AlfaOBD? :cool:

I understand that there's settings somewhere for law enforcement vehicles that allows disabling of all interior and exterior lighting. Do you have any idea of where to find these settings?

As for the turning off the 8.4 screen, If you have the 8.4" unit it has a "Screen Off" button right below the screen to the left of the Hazard Warning button. It's a button on the center stack, not in AlfaOBD / BCM.

Post you referred to was talking about adding the DRL's on / off switch to the 8.4 screen. As far as the DRL's are concerned:

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As for the turning off the 8.4 screen, If you have the 8.4" unit it has a "Screen Off" button right below the screen to the left of the Hazard Warning button. It's a button on the center stack, not in AlfaOBD / BCM.

I seem to have forgotten about that screen-off button, thanks. I look forward to testing that function during my next road trip.

Post you referred to was talking about adding the DRL's on / off switch to the 8.4 screen. As far as the DRL's are concerned:

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

Thanks for those details.

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

you may need a dedicated dimmer switch for that, ill have to check the wifes winter beater when she gets home

at any rate, it is found under "car configuration change"

"vehconfig 3: police lighting feature"

now, i will tell you why i hate that setting
with it turned on, a set of safety features automatically get activated
the most annoying of which is a deactivation of the automatic rear door unlocks

you can still unlock them by hitting the unlock button, but if you put the vehicle in park, shut off the engine and open the front door, the rear doors will remain locked

great for transporting prisoners, a pain in the rear for running kids to soccer practice

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you may need a dedicated dimmer switch for that, ill have to check the wifes winter beater when she gets home

at any rate, it is found under "car configuration change"

"vehconfig 3: police lighting feature"

now, i will tell you why i hate that setting
with it turned on, a set of safety features automatically get activated
the most annoying of which is a deactivation of the automatic rear door unlocks

you can still unlock them by hitting the unlock button, but if you put the vehicle in park, shut off the engine and open the front door, the rear doors will remain locked

great for transporting prisoners, a pain in the rear for running kids to soccer practice

Thanks for the information.

I'll have to identify a workaround for that safety feature before adjusting that setting. Manually unlocking the rear doors sounds like too much of a PITA just to have no lights for the odd occasion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357