5.7 etorque charging system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCope1952

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 etorque
New truck and just experienced total charging system failure. Nothing works, not even the key fob. Getting towed to a dealer - anyone else experience this and if so what was the problem?

Good news I guess, turns out it was a faulty start/stop button. Was giving intermittent issues and then when it completely failed it was drawing power all night.

Last edited:

dsherman26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've heard of a few eTorque failures here. Some were faulty 48V batteries, at least one where the 48V battery was damaged by water leaks (the third brake light, radio antenna, and rear window are possible sources), and at least one was a failure of the motor/generator unit. Fingers crossed mine holds up. Let us know what they find.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why when I got my truck straight VVT stuff, standard setup, no e junkola, but that is just my opinion.

ADDED: Yeah known issue, leaks in the rear, dropping down on lithium batteries, radio hub, rear window control unit, hmmmmmmmm. I just had my rear glass and CHMSL replaced under warranty due to water intrusion issues.

Definitely something, if I owned a E TQ vehicle, to be aware of and check a lot. My neighbor has a '23 with E TQ, and I told him to make sure he checks the area at least once a week, if nothing else, for peace of mind.

All above IMHO only.