5.7k ram w/ 6 speed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It appears so, though I never seen one like that. If you take one of the bolts off and the fluid is red, there ya go. You can just loosen til you get the result and put it back asap. You might want to order the part with someone who has a generous return policy and you can see if the part lines up.

OP
OP
J

jcash414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
It appears so, though I never seen one like that. If you take one of the bolts off and the fluid is red, there ya go. You can just loosen til you get the result and put it back asap. You might want to order the part with someone who has a generous return policy and you can see if the part lines up.
Who do you recommend for the return policy lol

OP
OP
J

jcash414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
so i got my rev max block... Saya for 68rfe trans. My issue is these two holes are not threaded. The two on the other end by my hand are... all the lines on my current block are threaded.. is there adapters? I called trans star and the guy said this would work.. 20231201_180724.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
so i got my rev max block... Saya for 68rfe trans. My issue is these two holes are not threaded. The two on the other end by my hand are... all the lines on my current block are threaded.. is there adapters? I called trans star and the guy said this would work.. View attachment 532674
Do those unthread,as you need 4 threaded holes for it to work on your 1500's 6 speed.You found the thermostat block by post #18,sorry i missed that post,but that's the block you want to replace,and if you look at it,it uses all threaded fittings

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
so i got my rev max block... Saya for 68rfe trans. My issue is these two holes are not threaded. The two on the other end by my hand are... all the lines on my current block are threaded.. is there adapters? I called trans star and the guy said this would work.. View attachment 532674
This might be the one you need,as i think that ones for the heavier 2500's 68

OP
OP
J

jcash414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
This might be the one you need,as i think that ones for the heavier 2500's 68

Yes... mine has 4 threaded fittings. Thing is I called trans star and they told me this one would work. Hopefully I can return it

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes... mine has 4 threaded fittings. Thing is I called trans star and they told me this one would work. Hopefully I can return it
Does it look like you could twist the push-in connectors out of it.I'm just guessing they'd be threaded into it

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 5.7/6-speed has never seen the high side of 200F towing and I lived in Arizona the first 5 years owning it. Keep the fluid fresh and maybe install an aluminum pan (with a drain plug for easier maintenance) and don't drive carelessly.. they aren't fragile transmissions under regular utility use they only break when people modify the truck for more power and then drive like a hooligan.. or when they neglect service

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My 5.7/6-speed has never seen the high side of 200F towing and I lived in Arizona the first 5 years owning it. Keep the fluid fresh and maybe install an aluminum pan (with a drain plug for easier maintenance) and don't drive carelessly.. they aren't fragile transmissions under regular utility use they only break when people modify the truck for more power and then drive like a hooligan.. or when they neglect service
200 is way to hot for an RFE . ATF+4 starts to degrade fast above 180.Little tidbit for you,the earlier pre-13 trucks never used a thermostat on the trans,it only came into play in 2013 when they implemented the thermal management system,and started going after better milege numbers by upping the fluid temps.
If you haven't seen the charts showing how heat degrades transmission fluid,start doing a search on here,as they've been posted lots

OP
OP
J

jcash414

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
So I installed a morimoto bypass valve... and it dropped the max temp (so far) a whopping 15 degrees.. to 160 from 175