5.9 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
With a handheld flash programmer is should be a matter of following the instructions on the screen.

What's confusing about the plenum?

OP
OP
A

abrookey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As for the plenum, I didn't realize it was a 2 piece item. My truck has a very slight stumble in the idle, which after using good gas since I bought it, has gotten better. Even at that you can hardly notice it now, and it is fairly uncommon. Sometimes I have to look down at the tack when coming to a stop sign, it is so quiet, I am not sure if it is still running. So, I am guessing I don't have a plenum issue. Is there a kit available to replace all the vacuum lines to factory? Or just have to piece it all together.
Used to be, you could spray a slight mist of carb cleaner and find vacuum hose leaks, or intake gasket leaks, don't know if that would work with computer vehicles or not.....

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You'd have to piece it together. You can still use the carb cleaner trick on newer vehicles too......these trucks are newer than what you're used to working on, but they're still old school even by 2001 standards. :D