5 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevaldridge5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I plan on installing the Rough Country 5" lift on my 99 4x4. The kit components for the front end are coil springs, control arms, pitman arm, and drop brackets for the track bar and sway bars. What other front end components should I replace to have the best possible drive-ablity? (Besides dual steering stabilizer)

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What do you mean drive-ability? Like steering wise? Mileage? Dual steering stabilizer is useless actually, a single stabilizer isnt really needed either. You might get it a tiny bit bumpier on the highway but thats about it. You're gonna need shocks, get those if the kit didnt come with extended ones.I would go adjustable track bar over drop bracket. Other then that, what are your plans for the truck? We need to know before we can further help you.

OP
OP
K

kevaldridge5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ya by drive-ability I meant like steering wise. The truck is my daily driver and I want it to be able to cruise at highway speeds without problems.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well what size tires are ya plannin? What are you doing with the truck besides daily driving? Does make a difference. 2nd gen 1500's are known for bad steering.

OP
OP
K

kevaldridge5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The truck sees lots of offroading too with hunting trips and stuff. Right now its on 33's so I would get 35's.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The truck sees lots of offroading too with hunting trips and stuff. Right now its on 33's so I would get 35's.

I would def make sure to go with longer coil springs and add-a-leaves, dont go spacers and blocks if you see "frequent" offroad. 35's you will need to regear, performance will suck and it will wear your driveline much quicker. These trucks have weak auto transmissions as is and 35's just accel their deaths on stok gears. 4.56 gears are recommend in these trucks for 35-36" tires. Your front end will wear much quicker as well, 35's get use to doing hub bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends yearly. Some people get away a little longer but majority experience is this. Myself on my ORE I went through a track bar, 1 wheel bearing and 4 ball joints in 3 months with 315/75/16. I am now back with 285/75/16. You will never be able to take your hands off the steering wheel on the highway 35's too. Mine and many other experience. I would def get an adjustable track bar over a bracket if 35's is your plan, reason being brackets can rip from the axle.

My 2 cents.