6.4 Hemi - Aftermarket exhaust recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

serp16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi all - new to the forum, this is my first post. I have read several existing posts on this topic already but could not find exactly what I am looking for.

I have a 2014 RAM 2500 CC SWB 4x4 with 6.4 hemi. I would like to find an exhaust system/muffler online to purchase that is bolt-on (no welding required). I do not want anything obnoxiously loud but am hoping for a low to mid level volume w/ a deeper tone, and a little drone is fine. I do not have an opinion on keeping or deleting the resonator, although I do have the lifetime maxcare warranty and do not want to impact that negatively. Hoping to stay $400 or less. Does anyone have the same or similar truck/setup as me and a recommendation for what to get? I have stock air intake/filter. I appreciate any input. Thanks

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had a 2014 6.4L CC and installed a Magnaflow single in/single out muffler, had the resonator cut off and a piece of pipe bent up to fit the space where the reso was.

It had a nice deep tone when driving around town, no drone with an MDS delete tune from Hemifever and it sounded like a beast when at WOT.

It cost less than $400 with the install & pipe section. I had mine welded but it easily could have been clamped. The only custom piece was the pipe that replaced the reso.

Stock muffler:

20150411_124716_zps5xvpv9bd.jpg

Where the reso was:

20150411_124747_zpstl1jmes7.jpg

stock reso & tail pipe:

20150411_124800_zpssjlyrdcg.jpg

Inside the stock muffler:

20150411_124917_zps8vchuhw9.jpg

Magnaflow in place:

PICT0003_zpstmwbndur.jpg

replacement tail pipe - no reso:

PICT0001_zpsm5fesonp.jpg

Vid from inside the cabin. Mid throttle, then WOT:

OP
OP
S

serp16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks Maddog, I appreciate the response and input. Having a shop weld it is the better choice for sure. I will look at the Magnaflows again. Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problem, glad to help.

Good luck with the mods.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Magnaflow just came out with a direct fit muffler. I just ordered one so not sure how it sounds in person, but I was looking for the same kind of thing. I believe it’s #19493

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have 3 options that I would recommend that are all bolt in muffler kits.

1 is the magnaflow posted above. It is not on our site yet but I can gladly quote you on it.

2 is the Solo muffler delete. I have it on my truck and love it. deep tone, can be loud but not obnoxious while cruising and WOT it screams.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23646761-s...nce-muffler-delete-replacement-6-4l-hemi.html

3 is the Solo MR400. Its not as rowdy as the delete pipe but sill sounds great and can be loud when you want it to be.
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23687758-s...00-muffler-replacement-kit-for-6-4l-hemi.html

Message me for more info and pricing on anything

Slick61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mufflex Magnaflow... nice tone... easy bolt-in... no welding or modifications needed... have one on my '16 Ram 2500 crew cab short bed 4x4 6.4L hemi... very satisfied. was right around $300.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mufflex uses a maganflow racing muffler in their kit. I emailed magnaflow to see what muffler is used I their new kit and have not received a reply. I want to get an exhaust but want the least loud/most mellow one I can get. I feel these kits with no muffler or a race muffler will be too loud for me, especially towing.

OP
OP
S

serp16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks to everyone for their advice on this. To close it out, I ended up purchasing the Mufflex DOD250035 and have already installed it. The install itself was very easy, all parts were included and everything fit up great. I did end up having to purchase a new muffler clamp however as my truck is approaching 6 years old and the old clamps had quite a bit of rust on them. I ended up having to cut the back clamp off as the bolt was corroded badly and seized up and I destroyed it trying to get it off. Cutting the clamp off and pulling the old muffler off took the most time. I am very happy with the sound. To me it sounds like what it should have sounded like from the factory. If you are looking for a louder racecar sound this is not the kit for you. If you want something with a deep tone in low gears and not being obnoxious while towing, this should do nicely.