6.4L 180°F Stat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Wax composite, I see it states that all control is to the composition, so if we looked at two stats for the same engine, and one stat is a 160F and the other is 180F they would have the exact same spring but the wax motor would be different? I might have to go look because that seems more difficult to me (but I don't really know) especially by all the low end stat manu's.

Any way, I can see this but if you have a stat that closes at 200F and you change the spring to a weaker spring won't this same stat now have a different operating point?

And this would explain my problem somewhat, I was thinking of the spring pressure in the wrong direction and I was continually adding weaker or less spring, closing pressure was getting softer, not the opening pressure.

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

OP
OP
WY.Ram

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Not indisputable evidence, but it seems maybe many explanations simplify the opening for the layman in all of us..maybe.f223e30743da6c083e483c8b3941ee7f.jpg

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

Steve S King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, what is the final outcome?

Just got a 17 2500 w/6.4, would like to change to 180 tstat, then a tune.

Your final outcome/part suggestion?

Thanks for your posts, quite informative.