87 vs 89 octane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenchTest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spot on The filtration and maintenance at stations is a huge issue, especially where it is really cold. I buy gas at Costco partly becuase i am shooping there anyhow, it is top tier and cheaper, but the single biggest reason is you NEVER get water or contaminated fuel from them.

They are the only station I will buy fuel while the tamker is unloading or has just finished unloading, though even at Costco I try not to buy fuel that has just been roiled up by the new fuel dump. Water and contaminants sink, a fuel fill mixes it back into the fuel, till it settles out again.
Most people aren't aware of what all is taking place during a fuel delivery and the blender effect going on underground. To expand on that, if an underground storage tank (UST) is properly setup and the submerged turbine pump (STP) is properly setup, and if the drop point (fill adapter via riser pipe with installed delivery/drop tube) is properly setup, "getting fuel while it's being dropped by a tanker" isn't an issue. Lots of variables to assume are correct, right? Then add this - if you fuel at a high turnover rate location, say a c-store that's taking in 3-5 fuel deliveries per day, you'll never be "safe" betting on the debris/water "settling out" of the fuel as the turbidity never has a chance to fully settle. When working with major oil I had sites that would sell 80k-100k of Regular Unleaded monthly, which is about normal for a neighborhood gas station. They would get a delivery once or twice a week. I also had interstate locations that would turnover 700k to 1.2m gallons monthly. Those sites would get between 3-6 deliveries daily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517