A/C cannot put a/C to pasanger side the mode door seems to be stuck or the electric swithch is bad,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir Walt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to get air to the passenger side ,as I have a 800 mile trip to take and not enough time to take the dash out and order parts, could I cut into the heater and a/c box and move the doors if so where do I cut into the box. The tuck is a 04 2500 diesel with 180,000 miles
thanks
Sir Walt

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Not sure what door is broken on yours, but when I couldn't get air conditioning out of my vents on my 03 1500, I was able to reach up from the bottom and pull the broken door out to get air back out through my. I can't remember if I had to pull part of the bottom away, blower motor something, but it was very easy to do. I would go out and look but it's storming outside

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sir Walt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did take the blower motor out but the mode door there was not stuck and on my truck it only works when I change the controls to defrost and back to normal, the door to the passenger side i think in inside the black box on in the middle and on the passenger side are the doors that change the direction of air to the passenger side.
this truck is a 2wd if that makes any difference
thanks