A little coating comparison I did this week.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So as most of you know, I have done just about every coating that is relevant in the car detailing world. So I had some fun with the newest coating on the market Undrdog Pro + and a new top coat that is in the test fazes. Lets just say it matched the level of shine that Modesta BC04 which is the top tier Ceramic coating on the market. Its hard to believe that a non ceramic coating can perform and match the shine of all of the top tier coatings.

So the coatings that were tested on my Fast and Furious Model Cars and Christine:
All of the models got a gloss enhancement with Koch Chemie F6

Modesta BC04 Charger
Cquartz Professional Lightning
Cquatrz Finest Reserve Boss 302
Koch Chemie C0.02 Christine
Undrdog Pro+ EVO
Undrdog Pro+ and Top Coat Viper

Let me know what you think. Which one looks best to you.

Attachments

• F82EF465-2432-4707-B958-129ADBD34DCE.jpeg
    F82EF465-2432-4707-B958-129ADBD34DCE.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 22
  • C01C441B-B013-4FBF-8360-88DFEB452A56.jpeg
    C01C441B-B013-4FBF-8360-88DFEB452A56.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 23
  • C8480F2A-B2C2-4B6B-8BA6-E9346B763B94.jpeg
    C8480F2A-B2C2-4B6B-8BA6-E9346B763B94.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 864CFB15-9418-43EE-A6F4-B8FE54610F9B.jpeg
    864CFB15-9418-43EE-A6F4-B8FE54610F9B.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 9.34.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 9.34.45 AM.png
    990 KB · Views: 22
  • D416EC78-78D3-4CDE-BC2B-693C7FB3C89F.jpeg
    D416EC78-78D3-4CDE-BC2B-693C7FB3C89F.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 9.36.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 9.36.53 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think it's hard to tell between those because of the color difference. But that Charger looks really good, so dies the lightning.

Question,

I had Ceramic pro professionally installed a few years ago. It has been fantastic in my experience but of course, not working so well at it's age.

I really want to strip it and coat it myself this year. Is this something a novice can tackle? I paid around $2k for the paint correction and coating, so I don't mind investing in some tools and chemicals.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Think it's hard to tell between those because of the color difference. But that Charger looks really good, so dies the lightning.

Question,

I had Ceramic pro professionally installed a few years ago. It has been fantastic in my experience but of course, not working so well at it's age.

I really want to strip it and coat it myself this year. Is this something a novice can tackle? I paid around $2k for the paint correction and coating, so I don't mind investing in some tools and chemicals.
Undrdog seriously is where its at. Pro is amazing. Long flash time and even longer for the curing so you have time to make sure you got it all off. I plan on trying and videoing stripping the UD Pro off the wifes Jeep and installing Pro+. Its not hard at all, but most people freak out because its all about attention to detail when you coat. Honestly the Viper wasn't giving me the right look in the pictures, but yeah its almost the same in shine. If you need any help or questions let me know. Joel worked for Ceramic Pro in their marine line. He had developed a product very similar to UD and they took his idea and bought him out. Thus where Undrdog was born. It gets a lot of hate with the purists, but its such an amazing and durable coating. Here is the link to it. Also @aces-n-eights did his vehicle with it and loves it.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Treburkulosis - Nice work...this is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Truth be told, I am partial to the Modesta products...I had a local pro apply Modesta BC08 & 06 coatings to my 2023 1500 Limited...details of the coatings he used below. I'm sure you're very familiar with these products. I think Modesta is the clear top choice, but the Underdog Pro+ does provide a nice looking shine. The question is how long does it last before you have to re-apply it to maintain the shine? Is it robust enough to provide some level of protection to the paint's finish? I had my coating applied in May2023 so it's only been around 8 months and its held up very nicely. Of course, I need to keep it clean but washing it is easy...I just use a soap and a wheel cleaner that my guy recommended but any good quality soap would do.

BC-08
Neosillica Matrix Coating
An easy coating for quick application on daily driven vehicles. Traces of zirconium create great shine and luster on the paint while it's three dimensional matrix ensures excellent water repellency and self cleaning. The coating's thick layer acts as a self scarifying barrier to protect the finish of the vehicle from scratches and marring as well as adverse environmental effects

BC-06
Heat Resistant Hard Glass Coating for Wheels & Body
Creating a hard glass coating with a tightly packed molecular structure that creates a long-lasting surface. BC-06 is applied with a spray gun and is heatproof up to 1,300°C – enough to protect wheels from burning-hot brake dust.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Treburkulosis - Nice work...this is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Truth be told, I am partial to the Modesta products...I had a local pro apply Modesta BC08 & 06 coatings to my 2023 1500 Limited...details of the coatings he used below. I'm sure you're very familiar with these products. I think Modesta is the clear top choice, but the Underdog Pro+ does provide a nice looking shine. The question is how long does it last before you have to re-apply it to maintain the shine? Is it robust enough to provide some level of protection to the paint's finish? I had my coating applied in May2023 so it's only been around 8 months and its held up very nicely. Of course, I need to keep it clean but washing it is easy...I just use a soap and a wheel cleaner that my guy recommended but any good quality soap would do.

BC-08
Neosillica Matrix Coating
An easy coating for quick application on daily driven vehicles. Traces of zirconium create great shine and luster on the paint while it's three dimensional matrix ensures excellent water repellency and self cleaning. The coating's thick layer acts as a self scarifying barrier to protect the finish of the vehicle from scratches and marring as well as adverse environmental effects

BC-06
Heat Resistant Hard Glass Coating for Wheels & Body
Creating a hard glass coating with a tightly packed molecular structure that creates a long-lasting surface. BC-06 is applied with a spray gun and is heatproof up to 1,300°C – enough to protect wheels from burning-hot brake dust.
Nice, yes Modesta is the best Ceramic. Spraying BC06 first sure does take that coating to the next level. I always do BC06/BC04. I like the results of that combo! As far as UD goes, I know people who are in year 5 with it. My wifes jeep is 2 years in, but if it weren't for the fact I can get UD Pro + I would continue testing it. As far as maintaining it, it will last as long as any Ceramic coating 1-10 years. With that being said it all depends on how its maintained and how it lives its life. It is the same way with Modesta. I have seen Modesta coatings fail after 2 years due to poor maintenance on the owners part. Its really sad to see, but you can't make someone take care of it. I makes me sick, because I know what all it truly takes to get the paint to the perfection that a coating like Modesta deserves.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is some more Pro + Its literally so easy to do yourself my 5 year old did his Lambo yesterday with a little help from dad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 9.43.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 9.43.52 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How does all this ceramic products work with decals and wraps? Does it go right over and seal or leave an edge.. or can you e Ben have a wrap/decal put on when doing the ceramic?

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How does all this ceramic products work with decals and wraps? Does it go right over and seal or leave an edge.. or can you e Ben have a wrap/decal put on when doing the ceramic?
It is safe to coat right over it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat