A LITTLE HELP FROM THE EXPERTS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you in advance.
I recently had my radiator upgraded to an aluminum one due to a blockage, obviously they had to remove my washer canister re-mount it, but when they put it back together now my "low washer fluid" light won't go off (it's full too). My mechanics too far away and a pain it the ass to get into during the week, and closed on weekends too.
So, I never use my washer fluid anyway, but is there a way to re-set this warning light, turn it off or whatever?
Appreciate any help if anybody knows.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have you checked to see if it's actually plugged in? The mechanic might have missed that or maybe the plug isn't fully seated.

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank's for the reply it's plugged in, but I haven't pushed on it to see if it's seated, I'll give that a try at lunch.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Should be easy enough to bypass as well. I think if you just complete the circuit - jump the wires together, you should have an "eternally" full reservoir.

PS - you didn't fill it up with Rain-x washer fluid did you?

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should be easy enough to bypass as well. I think if you just complete the circuit - jump the wires together, you should have an "eternally" full reservoir.

Oh No! Never, I only use plain water in mine and use it only if I have to. Tried the plug re-seat but no help. I'm going to mess with it this weekend, personally I could care less if it worked at all, I barely ever use it anyways.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine

What’s wrong with rainex fluid? I’ve been using it in all my previous and present vehicles without issues. Is ther something I should be aware of?

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What’s wrong with rainex fluid? I’ve been using it in all my previous and present vehicles without issues. Is ther something I should be aware of?
ANYTHING with soap, cleaner etc. will spot your clearcoat.

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
...but fricken rain spots the clearcoat too! Just haven't used it since I was a kid and got into the habit.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the rain x stuff too and I’ve never had an issue with it messing with the paint. Not saying it isn’t possible though.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The rain x is - or used to be - notorious for coating the probes of the fluid level sensor causing this very issue.