Abs gremlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamcousi9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Howdy all.. Been having this abs issue since the day I bought the truck and can't get my finger on it.

Every once in a while I get a clicking from the drivers front brake assembly but nothing continuous. The only constant is the first braking of the day.. Drive down to the end of my street, hit the brakes and they feel stiff, pulsate toward the floor once,get easier, pulsate again then stop the truck however the drivers front feels weak.

The abs light usually comes on however is random. If I'm on the highway for a while it goes away but once I start braking it'll come on.

Here's where it gets fun.. When it rains and only when it rains I can pull the truck to the end of the driveway and when I brake it feels stiff then the peddle pulsates once toward the floor and the brakes lock up instantly. It usually goes away after a few times using it. Today I pulled it on the side street and the rears lock up almost instantly.

I replaced the speed sensor in the rear as the speedo didn't work when I bought it and the abs light was constant.

Any takers?:wtf:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 16

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry bro, mine only has rear wheel abs so I do not know much about the front abs system.
MY abs light comes on randomly too but my speedo still works and the brakes have never failed me so I let it be.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Start looking for a ABS module and or the Brake Pressure Limit valve. I would need to know you wheelbase before I can post up part numbers.

OP
OP
J

Jamcousi9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Start looking for a ABS module and or the Brake Pressure Limit valve. I would need to know you wheelbase before I can post up part numbers.

It's a 98 1500 extended cab shortbed if that helps. To dark and rainy to go outside pokin around with a tape measure at the moment. Dam thing is weird though, put 25 miles on it today and not a glitch :emotions133::boxed:

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May be a proportioning valve or something sticking. Has the brake system ever been flushed?