AC issues with floor vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phxramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I have a 2019 classic with a 5.7. I recently replaced my electric fan / blower motor / and blend door. I started the truck and it was only blowing AC out of my floor vents. I went to work and when I drove to lunch everything was fine. 2 days later I start my truck and it’s only blowing out the floor vents. I immediately turn the truck off and wait 10-20 seconds and turn the truck back on and it’s blowing fine. Any suggestions?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You probably need to re calibrate the blend door acuators since you replaced the blend door I did it with my scanner not sure if there is another way.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
the MOPAR actuators are self calibrating, the actuators are small motors & gears

usually there are 4 fairly accessible actuators
the actuators are mechanically connected to the Blend Door & the Mode 1 & Mode 2 doors, the 4th actuator works the Recirculation door

If everything in the HVAC Box is good

The doors can sometimes work wonky, be glad that they aren't run by A.I.

Try this simple reset ..

when he takes the glove compartment out ...

Notice the duct tape
watch him work the white part, LISTEN to the sound as he moves it back & forth, Do you hear the THUMP ?

That means the door inside the box properly functions

continue watching

IF you have a different HVAC Control setup
leave the hammer on the bench

OP
OP
P

phxramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the info. I can't seem to find a video of how to reset the hvac with dual climate. All my knobs are different from every video I have seen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357