AC trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 07 Ram and my ac isn’t cooling at all.
I got a set of gauges from O’Reilly so I could check the pressure. I started the truck, put the ac on max and recirculate, hooked the gauges up, noticing the compressor cycling on and off. I thought they stayed engaged in the recirculate mode, maybe not. My pressure readings are 55 on the low and 450 on the high while the compressor is engaged and the gauge connector for the high pressure side was extremely hot.
i will get readings again tomorrow evening of what they are when the compressor cuts off.

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed that the condenser fan motor wasn’t running, checked for per at the plug, had per si now I will have to replace the motor and see what happens.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one replied, but that's ok. You seem like a smart dude. If you really know what your doing, and it sounds like you do. Your gonna figure out the problem most of the time. But, its good you posted your issue. Someone is gonna have this same issue. Your post will save them a post. Good job on the fix man.

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently replaced my condenser fan motor also
It was running all the time whether the AC was on or not
New motor fixed the problem

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I work at a lot of problems until I figure them out. If I can’t on my own I start researching on the good ole World Wide Web.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
so now hot weather gone mine is going on and off a lot so 35 on ac think it leak some were doesn't this sound right it worked no problem all summer was 65 out and showed 35 was going on and off every minutes so suck !