AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whathesmurph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, is there a way I can turn the AC on from behind the dash? I cannot get it turned on with the buttons.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

As for your issue, no unless you want to cut wires & hot wire it.
What is it doing, or in your case NOT doing?
Is the blower coming on? If so is it just blowing hot air? Have you checked to see in the compressor clutch is engaging?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the AC & HVAC fuse first. The compressor fuse too. Then, is it low on refrigerant? Put some 134a in it if it needs some. That's usually the main reason AC doesn't work. It won't come on if it's too low on refrigerant. You can stick the can of refrigerant in a pan of hot water and the refrigerant will leep right into the ac system like a trained pet. Maybe put a can in and see what it does. If it get's kind of cold, put in some more. Ideally you would have a buddy with some AC chops check for refrigerant pressure (using gauges) to see if it's low and go from there till it's full. You can overfill too.

Besides refrigerant, there could be 2 dozen+ other reasons why it's not working. If that's the case you might be better off finding a good refrigeration shop that does a thorough analysis, ...not the lowest price place in town.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Read through some of the other recent forums posts: there's a lot of AC questions lately. Also do a search. Probably save you a bunch of time...