Accessing OBD Port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When we talk about tuners and how the dealership can tell how many times you've accessed your OBDII port, how do gadgets like Verizon's Hum+ factor in.
Would using one of those devices leave the same digital footprint that a tuner would? Same for any of those item like the progressive snapshot or other gadgets.
Thoughts?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most "gadgets" read only they do not write to the system. I have a few 10 dollar ones that will read codes, see live data, and clear a check engine light that connect to my cellphone through bluetooth. I think eveyone should have one. The only way anyone would see it was connected is if you cleared the CEL or like a programmer where it writes a map. Just like a file on your computer its dated when it was written.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cool, thanks for the clarification on that. i was wondering how that all worked and what footprints were left behind.