Acting up again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otanisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well friends last week I installed new fuel pump wich I posted in diffrent post ,so now it's starting to idle low again at ir surges below 500 rpms ,I'm thinking of dropping fuel tanknand see if it has trash in it, last week I pulled bed off ,so I'm thinking it's dirty gas tank?

Jkidd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8 magnum
You might check and see if your converters are stopped up. Mine did the same thing and thought that it was file pump/filter and ended up being a plugged up cats.

OP
OP
otanisan

otanisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I deleted them weeks ago ,and yes one was bad ,new crank sensor new throttle body, new pedal sensor, new plugs too

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you use OEM sensors or aftermarket? Aftermarket can cause many weird issues.

OP
OP
otanisan

otanisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes all after market but I have update ,I sprayed carb cleaner on intake and right behind ac compression I noticed rpms dropped, so I pulled intake and all seals wer shot , I replaced them bout 3 hour job , and so far idle perfect , today I'm bout to test drive but I really think it maybe PCM, if that's the case I guess it's fleabay time

OP
OP
otanisan

otanisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update no more high idle at start up! And I drive it in morning cold ,so far so good and it hast shut off , could intake leak been causing all these issues?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Yes it could. Intake gasket leaks let way more air into the system, meaning the computer needs to add a lot more fuel. You should have noticed a big drop in your fuel mileage with those big an intake leak. The stumble is most noticeable at idle because it is harder to match fuel to air. With more revs, it just adds more fuel to keep you as close to 14:1 as it can, and what you usually see when underway is lack of power under hard acceleration or pulling bigger hills. Sort of the same symptoms as a fuel pump going south.

OP
OP
otanisan

otanisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ya huge drop in mpg , so I just drove it again 40 min round trip ,and wow the dead stop take offs are alot diffrent it pins u in seat! And it hasn't stumbled or shut off...

OP
OP
otanisan

otanisan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Dean for taking the time to respond ,and I hope some sees this thread and see how vital it is to check or change intake gaskets

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca