Add Rear dome light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Anyone add? OEM or aftermarket?

My express, just like in the front, has no rear overhead light right above the rear window.. Just a hump where it belongs.

I could use something there.

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I bought the light, have not installed it yet, will do it this spring I guess, its too cold right now, I did the front roof console last year and its great.

Wrath

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought the light, have not installed it yet, will do it this spring I guess, its too cold right now, I did the front roof console last year and its great.

Was the front one hard to do? I just have the light over the back seats, I hate not having map lights up front.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was thinking aboot adding something there, and map lights of some sort as well.
I'll follow this and see how it goes.

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Is it the same exact light as the middle dome?

Do you have a PN, link?

I picked it up off ebay cause it looked the same as the one in the middle. Like I said, I still have not pulled the liner in the rear yet to install it, to freaken cold, but should do it soon. its a very small light unit and figured if it was not exact I would figure out a way to install it and use it. The part number on the unit is 5JG55BD1AD

Was the front one hard to do? I just have the light over the back seats, I hate not having map lights up front.

I did the front one, took about 2hrs to do, the hardest part was getting myself to cut up a brand new head liner, but with a real good blade it went very well, I did a starter hole to find my roof clips for the unit, then used those to mark my outline for the unit, with a few adjustments got it installed pretty quick, tapped into the wiring connector on the left side of the dash, the green plug and wired it up, One thing you need to do is make sure you tie and attach well the cable your going to use as if you don't and you hit bumps in the road you will hear the cable hitting the roof liner above your head. I only did the lights and the green LED the lights up the floor, I will be installing my heated seat switches on it this summer.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I actually want to do the middle one from the express. I have the rear one. I cant find one any where. I went on that dodge ram parts data base and they list the overhead lights but they don't list if its the middle or rear one.

JesusSaves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear dome light

Hello all... I just added one to my 2013 ram expresses crew cab. I actually purchased the light dome from a junk yard with cut out the whole light assembly out of the head liner that way I had a stencil of how the hole needed to be cut. It's the exact same light that's in the enter however, it has the feature to click on and off. I then spliced the center light and ran a cable to the back light over the headliner ofcourse. The only thing I could not do was attach a constant power for the on and off feature. I'll have to rewire it when I add the map lights to the front. The installation was super easy. I purchased the light for $30. I will post pictures shortly.

jgkreal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PT 4.7
Im going to go ahead and say no one has any pictures on the light installed? lol :roflsquared:

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im going to go ahead and say no one has any pictures on the light installed? lol :roflsquared:

For some reason this hasn't been a popular DIY add-on. I plan to tackle it at some point, and will bring some information with me.

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Curious about this for other reasons. I have the map lights and the dome light, but since mine is a mega cab, that dome light seems about 3 miles behind me.... thinking about adding a center dome, heh.

Last edited:

210CUSTOMDODGE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I added the one from the center of the headliner to the rear if this helpsa9da81977e476d0a8da1dc0b8b3c776e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I added the one from the center of the headliner to the rear if this helpsa9da81977e476d0a8da1dc0b8b3c776e.jpg

Ohh sweet. Do you have a part number for it and how was the install?

That's exactly what I want to do.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My '16 crew cab has a light by the rear window and map lights, but nothing in the center. I added 48LED boards and it's extremely bright...and only cost a few bucks. I didn't pay attention and ordered ice blue...I'll probably swap those out sometime in the future. 728564dcd2089434dfceffdf99eda945.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

210CUSTOMDODGE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ohh sweet. Do you have a part number for it and how was the install?

That's exactly what I want to do.
Part number is 1BC77TRMAA...iust tapped it into the center light....
Pulled off the center light... played down tape as a template... traced the cutout on the headliner.... applied the tape in the rear whwn I wanted the light to be... and started cutting with a razor blade.... 15min install including wiring. ec0868c9075e29161335aed2e4037d9b.jpg8d48cb0bfdfd046061a5414a552ea693.jpg6bfbdebe2b8269aa537e59f979cfcfc2.jpga0fcf0639000e4fa23602474bf0fee5e.jpg