Added Keyless Go - Memory issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added keyless go to my 2018 3500 today (from autotechelectronic). Everything works as it should except for the fobs being tied to the memory functions. I have tried several times to program them to a memory preset but they do not recall the memory presets. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did “memory to fob” get turned off in your radio settings by chance?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You’re the first that I know of to report about adding autotech’s keyless go WITH a memory fob. From other posts, it seems that they are not enabling some of the features that go along with it. This one is different because (I’m assuming) you already had the memory fobs before, so nothing should have changed, but can’t be certain. A few other things I’m not sure if they addressed- if you sit in the truck with your fob inside the truck and the driver door open, then lock the doors with the door switch, when you shut the door, do they automatically unlock? Also, when you open your door to get in the truck, does the instrument cluster display “brake + start button to start vehicle”? These are some of the features that have reportedly not been enabled by them.
You wouldn’t happen to have the alfa software to be able to connect to the driver seat memory module and see if “key fobs linked to memory” was disabled somehow when the new RF Hub was programmed?

OP
OP
D

DonnieB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’re the first that I know of to report about adding autotech’s keyless go WITH a memory fob. From other posts, it seems that they are not enabling some of the features that go along with it. This one is different because (I’m assuming) you already had the memory fobs before, so nothing should have changed, but can’t be certain. A few other things I’m not sure if they addressed- if you sit in the truck with your fob inside the truck and the driver door open, then lock the doors with the door switch, when you shut the door, do they automatically unlock? Also, when you open your door to get in the truck, does the instrument cluster display “brake + start button to start vehicle”? These are some of the features that have reportedly not been enabled by them.
You wouldn’t happen to have the alfa software to be able to connect to the driver seat memory module and see if “key fobs linked to memory” was disabled somehow when the new RF Hub was programmed?

Yep, my old fobs worked with memory functions. They do not automatically unlock as I was curious about that also before I installed. The display doesn't have brake + start. I kinda expected the doors not to unlock and the display not to mention it. I don't have the alfa yet, but have ordered the security bypass module so that I can give it a try. I went with kit 6 so still need to install the handles but doubt that will make a difference.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep, my old fobs worked with memory functions. They do not automatically unlock as I was curious about that also before I installed. The display doesn't have brake + start. I kinda expected the doors not to unlock and the display not to mention it. I don't have the alfa yet, but have ordered the security bypass module so that I can give it a try. I went with kit 6 so still need to install the handles but doubt that will make a difference.
Yeah, there’s just something they’re not doing to enable all the features like factory. The alfa can take care of that, though. I’m not TOO familiar with the memory seats, but is there a way to reset all the memory positions and start fresh? If you already tried, we’ll have to wait and see with the alfa what’s enabled and disabled in the driver seat memory module.

OP
OP
D

DonnieB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, there’s just something they’re not doing to enable all the features like factory. The alfa can take care of that, though. I’m not TOO familiar with the memory seats, but is there a way to reset all the memory positions and start fresh? If you already tried, we’ll have to wait and see with the alfa what’s enabled and disabled in the driver seat memory module.

I am not sure...maybe a reset to default on the uconnect screen?

Should also mention I sent them an email....waiting on reply

Also not really a big concern since i drive it alot more than the wife but still....

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think rf hub needs to be reset with alpha so it can read the memory settings from the bcm?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No... I'll ask

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can reset the RF hub with Alfa, but you need that 4 digit PIN. Im not 100% sure but I think AutoTech somehow burns your original PIN into the new RF hub. Otherwise it might be 0000 (default for a new RF hub) or maybe some random thing they used

OP
OP
D

DonnieB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can reset the RF hub with Alfa, but you need that 4 digit PIN. Im not 100% sure but I think AutoTech somehow burns your original PIN into the new RF hub. Otherwise it might be 0000 (default for a new RF hub) or maybe some random thing they used
Does every module have a separate pin or is the one you get from the dealer for all?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No... I'll ask

I’d definitely be calling them. I know you were planning on getting the alfa already, and it can certainly get you straightened out, but the point is, guys shouldn’t have to be doing this. You spent some good money on this kit, and now you’re basically on the hook for another ~$180 to finish their job. Like chrisbh17 mentioned, ask them what your new PIN for the hub is, I’m sure it’s changed. Ask them about your memory fob, the fobik safe (can lock your fob in truck) and the EVIC display. On another note, I’m curious if guys have air suspension if their kit retains that.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think @mjf6175 said his was different all together.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does every module have a separate pin or is the one you get from the dealer for all?

I think the RF hub is unique because of the fact it handles things that need to be secure (keyfobs, remote start, arm/disarm, etc)

Someone on the forum has a pic of the printout they got from their dealer....you'll get the RF pin, a code for cutting the blank key, a radio code, etc.

I would be up AutoTechs case because like @Jimmy07 said you paid good money for this and should not be going backwards in functionality. Alfa should be able to fix it, though (like skuppy said the settings probably need to come back from your BCM)

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Even though I dont care TOO much, it would be nice if we could make our own PIN when doing your mod to add Keyless Go.
I believe there will be a ecu mismatch as well if the right settings are not put in the bcm .
The part that is not good if the code is not the same and the dealership needs to ever update stuff involving the hub there might be unnecessary issues arising from it .