Adding Bed Weight for Winter Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't had traction issues in this truck, put in 4x4 Auto on level, and bad ice I use 4x4 Low, never slipped a BF Goodrich KO2's.... I would use 4-6 bags of playground sand over rear axle if needed myself...

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reminds me of my Dad. He walked to school through 3 feet of snow, up hill in both directions.

Well, that's according to HIM.

According to his brother, their mother would sometimes take my Dad to school on her bicycle (1930s Germany).
Seriously, new place is 25 minutes from existing place! I live in the hills in Naples, NY! I’m at 1600’ at old house, 1900’ at the new place with a 1600’ hill in between! Naples is The Switzerland of New York!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ram1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:oops: Why on God's green Earth would you need to contact DOT about putting anything in the back of your truck? I mean, unless it a hazardous load, or something. If your load sticks up above the side rails you may have to strap it down, but that's a judgement call. Securing any load is a judgement call. Do you call them every time before you load up and head out? No, you don't - and neither does anyone else - even though most anything can fly out of the bed in a front-end collision.
Jeeßssss Chill out. All I am saying is Ask what they consider an unsecured load. Negligent homicide because a 40lb bag or block becomes airborne. I seen a large dog hit the back window of a pickup at 110km (70mph), took out window and driver's wife. Imagine what a cement block would do. Above or below siderails ,,Unsecured is Unsecured. Regardless of what it is.

Malodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
when you add the auxiliary tank, does it need a fuel pump to transfer fuel? Does it need any special vacuum lines like the original tank?

just asking out of curiosity
I have a submersible pump that pushes the fuel to the Filler Neck. There are two weld in Bungs (steel) with aircraft
ss lines and Fittings. One for the fuel and a Vent line between tanks. This will be 72 Gallons added to the 33 Gallon Main Tank

There are DOT regs, EPA regs and the trucks Computer to take into consideration. I did something similar with the Tool Box
in the Bed of my 2008 Big Horn. 36 Gallons added to the 26 gallon main. I could transfer on the fly while driving.
Got a 950 mile range in it.

Malodave

DAVsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a submersible pump that pushes the fuel to the Filler Neck. There are two weld in Bungs (steel) with aircraft
ss lines and Fittings. One for the fuel and a Vent line between tanks. This will be 72 Gallons added to the 33 Gallon Main Tank

There are DOT regs, EPA regs and the trucks Computer to take into consideration. I did something similar with the Tool Box
in the Bed of my 2008 Big Horn. 36 Gallons added to the 26 gallon main. I could transfer on the fly while driving.
Got a 950 mile range in it.

Malodave
Old post but do you have a picture of the filler neck tube with the two bungs. I am installing a ATTA 45 gal tank and my tube is all steel.
Getting a local rad shop to **** up my feed and vent tube for the positive feed to main 33 gal tank.
Thank

DAVsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Old post but do you have a picture of the filler neck tube with the two bungs. I am installing a ATTA 45 gal tank and my tube is all steel.
Getting a local rad shop to **** up my feed and vent tube for the positive feed to main 33 gal tank.
Thank