Adding cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
I hear ya. There's no way I'm spending that kind of money. It's even harder for me because I just need the front two. That means I either need to find a truck that has damage to the rear seats, a yard that's willing to break up a set, or a set that's cheap enough for me to toss the rears.

Guys, I found these on fb for you to check out:

Laramie%20seats%20pair%20for%20sale%20fb.jpg

4th%20gen%20group.jpg

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Guys, I found these on fb for you to check out:

Laramie%20seats%20pair%20for%20sale%20fb.jpg

4th%20gen%20group.jpg

On FB weird. I don't really want tan but that would almost be worth it. Of course shipping to Oregon from Florida would probably cost close to what the seats did. LOL

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On FB weird. I don't really want tan but that would almost be worth it. Of course shipping to Oregon from Florida would probably cost close to what the seats did. LOL

Yeah, that price is too high IMO for just fronts in tan. Shipping would totally kill it.

If you're in OR you should be in better shape than most of us. There are quite a few for sale at yards in western Canada.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adding my pics to the thread as I try to get 2015 seats working in my Tradesman ST 2500:

Here's what I have:

3 gray connectors that go to the center seat console
2013%20driver%20floor.jpg

These I think I should be able to put these in a new gray connector to fit the 2015 seat:

2013%20driver%20%20small%20gray%20conn.jpg

and this is the gray connector on the 2015 driver seat:

2015%20Driver%20seat.jpg

Bummer they won't plug in directly :-(

2015 driver seat Yellow connector:

IMG_2301.jpg

2013 Driver floor harness yellow connector_5 wires:

IMG_2737_1.jpg

2013 Seat 2 wires to side air bag, 2 wires to seat belt:

IMG_2741.jpg

2013 Seat 2 wires to side air bag:

IMG_2738.jpg

:favorites13:

Well this throws a wrench in the works, I have a 2014 and found some sport 2015 seats. Im thinking Im in for some wiring headaches. I have a bighorn, but seeing this makes me a bit worried.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well this throws a wrench in the works, I have a 2014 and found some sport 2015 seats. Im thinking Im in for some wiring headaches. I have a bighorn, but seeing this makes me a bit worried.

Just look under your driver's seat. If there's two connectors coming up from under the carpet you're probably in good shape.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7

I paid $225 to ship 350lbs of front and rear leather seats bolted to a pallet from east coast to San Diego. I was surprised it could be that cheap. The post I shared is from a group I'm on fb. I don't know him I just figured it was way less than the prices you had been finding.
I'm still looking forward to getting my heat/cool seats operational :)

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I paid $225 to ship 350lbs of front and rear leather seats bolted to a pallet from east coast to San Diego. I was surprised it could be that cheap. The post I shared is from a group I'm on fb. I don't know him I just figured it was way less than the prices you had been finding.
I'm still looking forward to getting my heat/cool seats operational :)

Good looking out. Didn't realize that was just the front seats either. I'm actually looking at complete wrecked trucks. This would be a great way to go if I can actually get one. Getting a better feel for what has value in our trucks now. So think I can get everything I need this way. Sell off any leftovers & not be out to much money in the end. Anyway just another option I am looking into. Please keep any leads coming on seats. I appreciate it

JBF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So just to clairfy. I have a 2015 sport with heated seats already. Will the heated/ventilated seats be plug and play assuming I had the dash buttons?

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So just to clairfy. I have a 2015 sport with heated seats already. Will the heated/ventilated seats be plug and play assuming I had the dash buttons?

You will have all the wiring, whether the ventilated seats will work without adding a code to your BCM, is still unknown. We haven't had your test case yet, where someone that had heated seats just upgraded to heated/vented seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I got 2014 Laramie seats in my 12 express. Got heat and cooled on each side. Ran toggle switches to wires under seats.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got 2014 Laramie seats in my 12 express. Got heat and cooled on each side. Ran toggle switches to wires under seats.

The problem you are going to run into is that the trucks are different from 13 and up. Not sure if you will be able to figure out the wiring and weather or not your trucks BCM will communicate with the seat modules.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The problem you are going to run into is that the trucks are different from 13 and up. Not sure if you will be able to figure out the wiring and weather or not your trucks BCM will communicate with the seat modules.

I bypassed all that ****.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not that it matters to me, but Id like to see how you set that up. As I was under the impression the seat module received a signal, not a constant power from the signal source.

yodameister

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Sorry to bring up an older thread, but I have found the discussion super interesting. I have a 2017 Sport model with the heated seats. Is there a way to add the cooling component to my existing seats?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sorry to bring up an older thread, but I have found the discussion super interesting. I have a 2017 Sport model with the heated seats. Is there a way to add the cooling component to my existing seats?

You would need new seat harnesses, cooling pad/fan, and seat covers at a minimum. The parts to do one seat would probably be more than a whole set of nice used seats.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I was hoping to do the same the same on my 2016 Big horn. It already has power and heated seats, would love to add the cooling. I'm not sure if my model would have the wiring for the cooling already there since I have the power and heat?
I can't seem to find the parts to just add the cooling (assume it's a fan assembly?) I have looked at the oem parts dealers online and can't seem to find a part number. Maybe it's only available as a whole seat?

Was planing on replacing my cloth with a perforated leather from Katzkin and would love to add the cooling while I am at it.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was hoping to do the same the same on my 2016 Big horn. It already has power and heated seats, would love to add the cooling. I'm not sure if my model would have the wiring for the cooling already there since I have the power and heat?

I can't seem to find the parts to just add the cooling (assume it's a fan assembly?) I have looked at the oem parts dealers online and can't seem to find a part number. Maybe it's only available as a whole seat?

Was planing on replacing my cloth with a perforated leather from Katzkin and would love to add the cooling while I am at it.

Your truck will be wired for it, but that's as far as it goes. If you want cooled seats your only real option is to find an OEM set.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your truck will be wired for it, but that's as far as it goes. If you want cooled seats your only real option is to find an OEM set.

I was afraid of that. Was hoping I could just buy the blower assembly and add it to the existing seats.

Do you know where the seat blowers themselves plug in to? I didn't see any unused connections under the seat nor did I see any open receptacles on the modules under there?

Is there a wiring diagram available for it? If someone does have one could you email it to [email protected]

Thanks.