AEV switch pod for Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgkreal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PT 4.7
Update, I had ordered mine but just got a email saying the payment didn't go through?? Maybe has something to do with them being out of stock, I guess its waiting game now gents!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Mines been sitting in the trunk of my mustang while I wait for OTRATTW to get back to me about my custom switch order. I just need a few odds and ends and then mine will be in. JB1 got me to step my wiring game up and I just ordered a relay box for under the hood. I like my installs to look factory so upgrading to a new relay box will help keep it that way.

Reactions: JB1

Mints

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Issa Hemi
Might have to get one of these!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
where is everyone ordering these from, straight from AEV or elsewhere?

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine straight from AEV

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already have my fuse/relay box wired up, looks real nice

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I already have my fuse/relay box wired up, looks real nice

What did you end up tapping into for accessory keyed power? I want to use an add-a-circuit in the fuse box.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you end up tapping into for accessory keyed power? I want to use an add-a-circuit in the fuse box.

I used a fuse tap and tied into the cigar lighter fuse in the fusebox F93, its hot when the key is on, I like the switch illuminated while I'm driving just like my screen is. This is just for the LED's. The power for the trigger wires comes from the battery, I wanted mine hot all the time with no key, see my schematic. I didn't want to make any connections in the dash, all connections (aside from switches) are underhood

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a fuse tap and tied into the cigar lighter fuse in the fusebox F93, its hot when the key is on, I like the switch illuminated while I'm driving just like my screen is. This is just for the LED's. The power for the trigger wires comes from the battery, I wanted mine hot all the time with no key, see my schematic. I didn't want to make any connections in the dash, all connections (aside from switches) are underhood
Thank you sir

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Fuse taps are awesome. That is all.

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

I tapped mine into the dimmer circuit underneath my headlight switch, so it dims just like the rest of the interior. They are a little brighter than everything else, and I'm going to look into somehow reducing that. Maybe a resistor would help? But I'm not 100% positive - and if it did, I don't know what size to start with.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are too bright?....wow mine don't seem too bright, what color are yours?

I swear I read to start with a 1K ohm and go up from there

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cant wait to try out my new alpine radio with touch screen ability to turn switches off/on. Will be a nice feature so I dont have to add a switch pod to house switches, or the under hood S-pod you can buy to cut down on running a bunch of wires under the hood.
For you guys that do not have the alpine touch screen option, the S-pod is definitely something to look into. It creates a lot neater wiring under the hood and makes it a lot easier.
https://www.aqlightinggroup.com/aut...MI0ZqDuNTY2gIVT0sNCh1shQ0-EAQYAiABEgJljfD_BwE

IMG_2480.PNG