Aftermarket Heated Seat Kit - Can I Wire It To My 12v Cig Lighter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just ordered Clazzio seat covers. I'm looking to add a heated seat kit when I'm installing the seat covers.

My question is, if I buy this heated seat kit:

2 Seats Carbon Fiber Universal Heated Seat Heater Kit Car Cushion - Round Switch | eBay

Can I just wire the driverside power to my driverside 12v cigarette outlet and then wire the passenger side seat Heater to my passenger side 12v cigarette outlet?

Can the outlets handle this power? They seem perfect as they are easy to get to and turn on/off with the truck.

Please let me know, as if I can't do this I need to start looking for alternatives. Thanks.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nobody can answer this for me? I'm sure SOMEONE has installed an aftermarket heated seat kit.... where did you run your wires??

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's how I wired mine, my heated seat kit came relayed and all so I just grounded it in the door sill under the trim and tapped onto my positive for the cigarette lighter and put a fuse on it as well at the cigarette lighter, been running it this way since like March of this year hadn't had a single issue.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's how I wired mine, my heated seat kit came relayed and all so I just grounded it in the door sill under the trim and tapped onto my positive for the cigarette lighter and put a fuse on it as well at the cigarette lighter, been running it this way since like March of this year hadn't had a single issue.
Cool. Just what I wanted to hear. Did you put the fuse on the heated seat kit wire going to the cig lighter, or did you put the fuse on the cig lighter wire going towards the trucks main harness.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And what kit did you buy?

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought some $40 kit on Amazon they've been great and the hot wire coming from the heated seat kit-->fuse-->wire tap to lighter 12v

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
OnSale i am in the middle of the same project. Already did the headrests because I could do it in the house. Too cold outside right now. Anyway I tend to do everything the hard way and plan to run the seat heat power from the fuse box. There are 2 fuses on the 15, 1 for heater power and 1 for switch power. Seeing as I have a Tradesman it is unclear if the wires are run into the cab. I want to avoid using the 12V accessory power if at all possible but I don't think the heaters draw more than 10 amps total.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've got both of mine hooked up to the driver side 12v along with my dash cam. They will run on high heat while my camera is on no problem.

I wonder what this button does?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've got both of mine hooked up to the driver side 12v along with my dash cam. They will run on high heat while my camera is on no problem.

I wonder what this button does?
That's good to hear. I plan on wiring the driverside to the driverside 12v plug and the passenger to the passenger side 12v plug as I have 2 plugs in my truck and on my heated seat kit, each side runs independently.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mine run independent even though they are wired from the same power.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk