Aftermarket Install Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaxCoach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installing a KenwoodDX-9705S in a 2016 Ram Express.

Apologies for the long post. It's been a little while since I've done an install so I'm trying to be thorough as possible. I can post pictures of anything that helps.

I am removing the basic non-touch, non bluetooth. Non everything radio. 6 speakers. No steering wheel controls. No factory camera. Installing with the Axxess LC-CHRC-01.

Also installing aftermarket USB and AUX extension to jump seat (not to factory settings). Installing aftermarket front and rear cameras. Installing aftermarket sub, amp, and all 6 speakers.

Connected wires:
4x Speakers, power x 2, ground+parking, dimmer. Reverse. Cam+ to front camera. Remote wire to aftermarket amp turn on.

1 - Antenna Adapter has a blue power lead. Leave unhooked? I assume this is for foreign installs, since I have no power antenna? (Wasn't sure if there was any sort of active/amplifying system that might require it) - I have feedback that says YES connect these....

2 - Not Used from Kenwood harness:
- Cam- (ground for front/dash cam).
- Antenna (no power antenna) - see above?
- remote control (no steering wheel controls)
Note: using cam+ to activate aftermarket front camera

3 - not used from Axxess harness:
- Parking signal (already grounded)
- Vss/speed sensor - nothing on radio to connect
- "Blue/white" - tape off, not this application
- 500L amp turn on - no factory amp in the vehicle (only 10 speakers alpine vehicles? Or are all amped?)
- Yellow RCA - no factory camera
- R/W RCA - not using factory Aux
- Aux/3.5mm jack - there is no mention of this thing anywhere?

4 - the little control box:
Does this plug into the harness port marked "swc harness" with 6 wires, or other unmarked with a full harness. Both plugs are the same.

OP
OP
LaxCoach

LaxCoach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I knew I should have posted a picture of LED lights...